Britax Travel Accessories?

ADS

Mom2FiveGirls

Your link is broken, but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...26752923390.395928.60227538389&type=1&theater

I am not sure how I fell about it. It looks an awful lot like the Snuzzler, which is a bad, bad, product. I would like to know what if its aloud in all their seats or just some? Also I want to know more about the crash testing.

Thanks! I would like to know more about the crash testing too. It says it is approved for use in all Britax infant and convertible seats.

essnce629

Saw this on the Britax FB page. That insert is pretty much a Snuzzler with the Britax name on it. If it's been crash tested then I'm fine with it since sooooo many parents use Snuzzlers in their carseats anyways.

Britax says: "The Head & Body Support Pillow has been crash tested and approved for use with BRITAX convertible and infant car seats." So it seems like all of them.

mimieliza

Your link is broken, but here it is: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...26752923390.395928.60227538389&type=1&theater

I am not sure how I fell about it. It looks an awful lot like the Snuzzler, which is a bad, bad, product. I would like to know what if its aloud in all their seats or just some? Also I want to know more about the crash testing.

The Snuzzler is not a "bad, bad product." It is an aftermarket product. The head/body support produced by Britax is NOT an aftermarket product - it is approved (and tested) by Britax to use with Britax seats.

I was about to come and post this why does it feel like they are turning into diono?

1. Britax approved and tested these products for use WITH BRITAX SEATS, as opposed to Diono who markets their products to be used with any seat.

2. None of these products are harmful the way Diono's Mighty Tite could be.

3. The kick mats and window clings don't interfere in any way with seat use and could potentially cut down on other hazards (i.e. roll up-style window shades).

Mom2FiveGirls

But what is the point? I don't think there has every been a problem with the inserts has there?

To make it harder to convince parents not to use aftermarket products which look exactly like this?? After all, if Britax makes it is MUST be the safest *inset eye roll here* Who knows...

crunchierthanthou

That's a Snuzzler if I ever saw one. However, I don't think they're completely terrible (and I believe their design has changed over the years). The part that goes behind the baby's torso is just fabric. As long as it doesn't interfere with the harness routing, and Britax says it's okay, then I'm not going to have a panic attack. :twocents:

although, that baby they have in the pic on fb so does not need an insert. She looks like she can't even sit back, there's so much stuff around her. :rolleyes:

Pixels

1. Britax approved and tested these products for use WITH BRITAX SEATS, as opposed to Diono who markets their products to be used with any seat.

I'll bet they also okay the use of the insert with other manufacturers' seats. Pretty much every manufacturer does it - they all approve their aftermarket accessories for everybody's seats, but say that if you have one of their seats, you can only use their accessories.

Mom2FiveGirls

I have absolutely no problem with them being used with Britax seats. Britax says they are approved for use with their seats, so that's great. I am curious about the crash testing though. Were they crash tested like other products claim to be which really means nothing, or do the seats perform well enough to pass the same testing all seats must go through with the support. I'm assuming the second one is true. I'm just afraid that people will buy them to use with other seats, because they are britax and all, so they *must* be safe (there is a HUGE britax bubble thing around here) and better than other aftermarket products.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
To make it harder to convince parents not to use aftermarket products which look exactly like this?? After all, if Britax makes it is MUST be the safest *inset eye roll here* Who knows...

That's what annoys me - I wish it came WITH the seat and looked like the seat, instead of looking exactly like a snuzzler.

Spam

Looks exactly like the snuzzler, hard to say not to use them or they're not safe when car seat manufacturers are making them. Glad they're crash tested now. I used one with A before I knew better and I agree I don't think they're the worst thing out there. The fabric behind baby is very thin. Yeah I had to loosen to get in the seat but it was always tightened around baby.

The First Years since teaming up with JJ Cole, also has one that's safe to use with JJ Cole seats and a bundle me branded with The First Years http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Baby-Bundle-Gray/17747593

Since people have been using them anyways, I guess it's good they're crash tested by seat manufacturers now.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Britax's "head and body support pillow"

Looks just like the Snuzzler...

britax.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!...26752923390.395928.60227538389&type=1&theater

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Re: Britax's "head and body support pillow"

I like the RF tethering in that picture, but the body pillow thing doesn't even look comfy.

T4K

Uhmm could they get a cuddly newborn at least? She's cute and all but not the best way to demonstrate a great use for that product.

christineka

Re: Britax's "head and body support pillow"

Uhmm could they get a cuddly newborn at least? She's cute and all but not the best way to demonstrate a great use for that product.

My thoughts exactly!

I believe that if the harness is tight that adding those aftermarket pads aren't a big deal rear-facing. I certainly don't recommend them, nor would I use one, but if the manufacturer approves, I have no problems with it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC