DSC06944-2.jpg

DSC06953-1.jpg

RF age 3 yrs 1 day
006-3-2-1-1.jpg

2 yrs 11 months
002-7-1.jpg

2 yrs 10 months
004-2-1.jpg

I turned ds3 at 3 yrs 3 months when he had about 1.5 inches of shell above his head. He had a major growth spurt between 3 and 3 yrs 3 months. He probably could have made it to 3.5 years RF but he was compaining of leg pain, which hasn't gotton better since FF but I will let him stay FF because he is much happier. He is about 27-28 pounds and 36-37 inches in all of the pictures. He will fit for a while yet FF.

java

I'm boring, just my siggy pic. DD was almost 16 mths in this pic, about 16lbs and about 28 inches tall. She has PLENTY of room to grow! I would bet she will get well past 3 rfing in it. I need to take another pic, but she hasn't grown to much. She is 19 mths, 19lbs and 29 inches tall. I think all the height is in her legs though...she is perfectly even with the second slots. We did take the shoulder strap covers off though for the winter since her clothes are a little more bulky I feel more comfortable that way.

There are 2 things I don't like about this seat....lack of legroom and the fact that it sits up on a base makes it a tight squeeze when trying to put her in the seat. Otherwise, it is a great seat...easy to use, easy to install, looks great, the material is super soft, it fits awesome in my car, the entire base fits on my narrower backseat in the truck. ....that's the main things I can think of right now.

Mom2FiveGirls

Here is DD5 in her MA70.

March 2011 (3 years almost 9 months)
210249_1697892130257_1326491277_2849971_2186260_o.jpg

July 2011 (4 years 1 month)
272611_1910965176950_1326491277_3097003_3550273_o.jpg

First day of Pre-K (September 1, 2011...4 years 2 months)
DSC_0173.jpg

October 2011 (4 years, 4 months)
IMG_1284.jpg

December 2011 (almost 4.5 years)
photo-1.jpg

She is 38 lbs now and now that its colder, she's wearing more layers and I didn't want to weigh her every other day or so, so I went ahead and turned her FFing for good. She has 2 more harness settings to go FFing. I'll try to get pictures soon :)

2BunniesMommy

Here is Allison when we got the RA55 at the end of April 2011. I didn't take any pics of her in it in the car, but she outgrew it 4 months later.
2e2ibk9.jpg

sy417t.jpg

cupcakepirate11

Not the greatest photo my apologies.
He is 19 months 33" and 31 lbs in this photo
Marathon 70
Installed in a scion xb

Apparently the photo didn't work will get on the computer and add it later

Syllieann

Here is ds in our bv70. It's dd's seat but he still fits. He's basically right at the rf height limit and he's been kind of holding steady on torso height for awhile so I think the next growth spurt will finish it off. He's 39", 34#, 3yo. DS dislikes the lack of rf legroom. I love the fact that it installs so easily on our annoying plus-one seat so that I can leave the capt chairs open for adults. I also like how easy it is to get super rock solid and fairly upright. Oh and I love the fabric.

Last edited:

macmomma

Here is my soon-to-be-adopted 2y10m old (23lbs and 32 inches and since you can not see her face it is okay to post:D) in her Blvd70... it was the first time she had a head slump... usually she sleeps really well in it!

Last edited:

luckyclov

Here's DS2 today, his last ride in his Cowmoo MA70 (he's movin' into an RXT). He's 2 years old, 34", 27 lbs. He still had some RF growing room - I think he'd have made it to 3, no problem. It's, by far, my favorite convertible of all-time, but it was getting increasingly difficult to load him in/out of my minivan (esp. with the captain's chair pushed all the way back) because it sits up so high. That's my ONLY complaint. And it may not even be an issue for some, depending on their vehicles. I love the smooth as buttah harness adjuster, the easy-as-pie LATCH installation, the clear manual, excellent customer service, the "comfort" (DS2 LOVED it).

381289_3017495801898_1397708058_3247085_1995466750_n.jpg

Last edited:

cpsaddict

DS in our MA70 at about 7wks.
DSCN2939.jpg

DD in the same seat at 2yrs exactly.
DSCN2602.jpg

I love the harness adjuster, the ease of install, the overall look of the seat, etc.
The only things I am not 100% happy with are that the headrest does look a bit odd when extended all the way up. The other thing is the cover when the headrest is up high. The cover is two pieces, one for the headrest and then the rest of the seat. When the headrest is in the last 3 positions of the seat, if you are not careful, the main cover will slip down and leave a gap between the bottom of the headrest and the back of the seat. It's not a safety thing, but it bugs me.
Overall, I love it and would buy another if I needed to. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
No pictures, but ds had outgrown it completely by height before 4yrs old.

I see a lot of parents with these and do have likes and dislikes... the harness is super smooth, LATCH install is so easy.

Dislikes - the lock-offs. I know they're optional, but for parents who are already complaining about tilt, they're not. Some belts are near impossible to tighten through them. I also don't like the lack of legroom when rf'ing. The height of the seat on the base also makes it way too easy to bump a kids head on the vehicle when loading and unloading. There are work arounds, but I see parents do it so often...

Cath3114

10 months, when we got the MA70
0dbf57e7.jpg

First birthday
20a8a947.jpg

14 months
d0b7599c.jpg

15 months
985bdd4c.jpg

Another at 15 months
d10695f5.jpg

The most recent I have, 2 weeks ago at 16.5 months
4012c3c3.jpg

I love love love the seat and it's ease of use. I'm hoping we get to 3-3.5 RF in it, but she seems to have a long torso. We were getting a RA55 for DH's car, but she was already on the third slots! I didn't think we would get any FF use when the time came, so we just ordered a TF. When she outgrows the MA70 in my car, we are getting a Radian. The only reason we decided to wait and not get one now is the hope that a future (way off future!) would be able to RF awhile in it before it expired.

Last edited:

Mom2three

Here is my DS in our MA70. I love this seat. It is so easy to install and the harness adjuster is heavenly, especially compared to my RNs. He still has plenty of room RF in it. But we don't use the seat on a daily basis right now. I have a smaller car now, and it's colder than hell. So I tend to put seats in and leave them. I have one open seat behind the driver so that I can put a booster in when I have someone else's kid. In my old car the seats were very slanted so everything installed upright. I like the MA70 much better now that I have flat seats. He has a ton more leg room.

20 months old. Not a great representation of his overall fit in the seat.
Kip1.jpg

26 months old
Kip-2.jpg

lovemybabybug

This is ALMOST enough to make me buy one of these. LOVE this cover. Probably the best pic of it I've seen yet.

This cover is abolutely gorgeous in person. My BRU had a set in the clearance section a couple of weeks ago and I totally fell in love with it. So wish I had this seat!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC