So DH wants seats in his car now.

purplemama

He has driven DS2 maybe 5 times in the last year and has never had DD in there. But now after trying to teach him to install seats he isn't confident enough so he wants seats in his car full time just in case. He can install fairly well but he's scared he won't do it right so whatever.

He drives and '01 Honda Accord with LATCH.

The XTSL fits great FF for DS2.

Going to put the MA65 in there for DD when I get a new harness. RF of course.

I guess a base for whatever for the noob.

So this means I get new seats for my van. '06 Kia Sedona.

I thinking a MR for DD. Not too much $ but long lasting.

I'm looking at the GN for DS2. I'd love a Prosport but I'm trying to keep the $ down. DH thinks the Maestro was too "cheap feeling". He's used to Britax and Radian.

I'm thinking of getting a SR30 or 35 for the baby. Although I might go the convertible from birth route because I'll have a 16 month old and a 4 year old so babywearing the noob will be far easier.

Sounds like a van full of Graco, LOL.

I'm happy to get new seats but I have no idea how we'll pay for it.

ADS

lovemybabies924

I would get a bucket... Chasing a 16m old will be easier if u do in my experience :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
lovemybabies924 said:
I would get a bucket... Chasing a 16m old will be easier if u do in my experience :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

I'm the opposite. I think it's much easier to keep a handle on other kids when you aren't carrying around a bucket. I think the MR and GN are great choices. If you went with a convertible for the baby, I'd probably just get another MR. They fit newbies well IME.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
SR 30 base will fit nicely (narrow) in car. Get a SR 35 base and keep that in the van for it :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

purplemama

Well evenflo is sending a new Maestro to replace the dented one I bought at Target this weekend so I think I'll use that for DS2 in my car. DH didn't like it but it'll be fine for my van. I hate the XTSL FF in my van anyway.

I'm not that good at babywearing so maybe a bucket is better. I know that DH wants a bucket.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Genevieve said:
I'm the opposite. I think it's much easier to keep a handle on other kids when you aren't carrying around a bucket.

I'm with you. A bucket takes up at LEAST one hand; two if you want to be more comfortable and ergonomically correct. Babywearing gives you two hands, plus weighs 10 pounds less.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC