Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Target toy clearance January 2012

Have any of you checked out the toy clearance yet? I just did today, lots of stuff is already 50% off, some is at 30%. Is it supposed to hit 75% this Thursday or next? Last year I went on the day it was marked down just because, I didn't think it was going down to 75% until the next week, luckily I was there anyway.

There are a few things I'll want if they still have them when they hit 75% off. A little tikes adjustable basketball hoop that will be about $12, a Step 2 workbench w/ tools and projects around $17, a Smart cycle video game thing that will be $20, a vtech globe toy that will be $6, some Imaginext stuff, a leapfrog birthday cake toy that will be $4.

I'm going to see what the other Target has tomorrow.

I got some clearance girls clothes today, long sleeve christmassy shirts for $2.38, a pair of pants for that price, and two pairs of corduroy pants for $4.48
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Re: Target toy clearance January 2012

Roman has been looking at their Legos, but they were already sold out of the ones he wanted.
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

The other Target didn't have any basketball sets and the store I went to yesterday only had two. I really want it, I may go get it for just 50% off just to get it before it's gone.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Havent been to our target this week - but there isn't a whole lot i want either.... right now most stuff is 50% off but it has been since two days before Christmas I will go look Thursday and see what is there..... I do know there is a TON of little girl clothing that is super cute on clearance and hardly any boys clothes - go figure!
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

I expect this week. It's generally the second Thursday in January. Shoes will probably have some good deals that day, too.

I picked up some Squinkies sets for $2.30-ish, a Zoobles set for $5.30, and a Squinkies carry case for $5. In non-toy items I made out like a bandit on clothing for DS, who is just sizing up into 24 months. I got him like 15 pieces for about $3 each!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

Our two Targets seemed to go to 75% off early this year. There is a lot less sale stuff than usual though, which stinks! I've bought a bunch of toys at 75% off and just bought my youngest a basketball hoop for his birthday, which was just 50%.

I picked up a toy for a b-day party we are going to in a few weeks, but honestly what they had didn't look all that great and the prices weren't even down low enough to justify buying anything. If they had lego sets at a decent price, I might pick up a couple because I know DS will still be into that next year, but I took one to a price check and it rang up $15 even and honestly it looked like a set that should only be $12-13 at regular price. I don't know what's up with that. It was on a shelf marked clearance.
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post
    I picked up a toy for a b-day party we are going to in a few weeks, but honestly what they had didn't look all that great and the prices weren't even down low enough to justify buying anything. If they had lego sets at a decent price, I might pick up a couple because I know DS will still be into that next year, but I took one to a price check and it rang up $15 even and honestly it looked like a set that should only be $12-13 at regular price. I don't know what's up with that. It was on a shelf marked clearance.
    Unless it had a red sticker on it the toy probably walked itself over from other aisle.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

Quote Originally Posted by 4boysmom View Post
    Unless it had a red sticker on it the toy probably walked itself over from other aisle.
    I just thought it was odd that it was $15 even. Usually they are $14.99 or something. When I rang it up, it had like a weird code attached. I'm thinking it was meant to be clearanced and just hadn't been priced right or something. Or maybe $15 WAS a good price for it, I don't know. It seemed like a small lego set though.

Lots of the toys didn't have stickers even though there were multiples on the clearance shelves.
    Shauna, mom to Adrian (9 yrs, 54" and 83 lbs), in an Evenflo Amp and Charlie (6 yrs, 42" and 35 lbs), in an Evenflo Titan 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post
    I just thought it was odd that it was $15 even. Usually they are $14.99 or something. When I rang it up, it had like a weird code attached. I'm thinking it was meant to be clearanced and just hadn't been priced right or something. Or maybe $15 WAS a good price for it, I don't know. It seemed like a small lego set though.

Lots of the toys didn't have stickers even though there were multiples on the clearance shelves.
    maybe it was on sale last week? When the go on sale they tend to be an even dollar amount.
    *Lisa*
    Momma to my 5 monkeys-
    J 9/01, A 6/03, B 10/04, E 9/06 and C 11/09

I scoped out Target again today. The step 2 work benches are gone, but I didn't need one anyway. The basketball hoops are still there, and I found a third one hidden by the bikes. I don't want the smart cycle thing anymore or the vtech globe. I just want the basketball hoop and the leapfrog birthday cake, and maybe this imaginext villain robot. I'm going at opening tomorrow with all 3 kids before Hannah goes to school. I hope they really hit 75% off tomorrow!
    Mom to:

CPS Technician

I'm planning to go today too. Anyone on the East Coast go? You could be done & back by now and let us know if they really did go to 75% today. Possibly save us a trip? Or let us know the great deals you got!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

I am on the East Coast and I'm heading out today. Hoping to get some good deals.
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #1 Emilee 4/1/2008
    Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12

CPS Technician

There was still a TON of stuff when I left at 9:15 from Target! Most of the Legos went fast.

I got:
    Midflex Dual (for my 9yo who is turning 10) $99.99 marked to $29.98
    Olivia house for $8.98
    Extra Olivia figure for $1.48
    6 sets of fun erasers $0.88 ea
    Moon Dough Popcorn $5.98

All for $55

I had a bunch more but put it all back. Have to stick to a budget. This covers the next 2 birthdays for my kids plus the erasers to put with friend gifts for birthday parties.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Caleb 11 yrs. 70lbs. 55" 5-steps Megan 8.5 yrs. 45lbs. 48" Harmony Literider
    Grace 6 yrs. 40lbs. 42" Nautilus
    Cameron 4 yrs. 34lb. 39" Radian XTSL
    Sally born 4/28 SR35, Zach born 4/28 Combi Coccoro

Senior Community Member solmama's Avatar

Oh, my, I got some stuff, too.

Lego Creator Lighthouse for $11.98
    ImagiNext Aircraft Carrier for 11.98
    Matchbox Shark Ship for 11.68
    ImagiNext Construction truck 11.68
    KreO Transformers set 11.98
    Hello Kitty House 10.48
    MarioKart race track 23.98

I think that's it. We have 6 spring birthdays in our family. My 2 kids, and 4 of our nieces and nephews. Thanks to Target clearance, I can afford to buy them all nice gifts. Yay!
    DD-12 years, 68"
    DS-10 years, 60"

I got some stuff, but the basketball hoop I wanted was only at 30% off.

I got:

Leapfrog birthday cake for $4.70 ish
    Circo extra train track pieces for $4
    Imaginext villain robot for about $6
    Firefighter hat for $2
    Batman IXL game for $7.50 (for my nephews)

I think that is it.
    Mom to:

I went and boy was there a TON when i got there around 9:30a.... by the time i left at 11:30a it was far more picked over. I resisted and didn't get much in the way of toys but i noticed a truckload of wooden thomas stuff for 75% off (think $100 sets for $25) and they also had the circo brand train table and track set for $20.... i didn't buy any of that but it was a heck of a deal for whoever did. I really had to chuckle at the 30+ Rock star mickey's they had for $15..... i felt bad for parents who paid $60 before christmas Tons of leapster 2 and leapster explorer games for $7, wooden circo kitchens for $25, etc etc etc. Like i said there was lots. I spent most of my time truthfully in the shoes and clothes..... lots of good deals there. I had more stuff in my cart and decided to put a lot back.... we just really didn't "need" it and i was buying it more because it was a good deal.

So what i did buy was:

2 pairs of shoes for me = $12
    Outdoor balls for the boys = $3
    Circo wooden straight track expansion = $5
    Boys sweater = $5
    Suitcase (travel size for the boys) = $6

I was pleased with my finds.
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained

I got a Monster Jam Hot Wheels thing for the boys for $11.98, originally $39.99. They are going to love it! I don't know if I'm going to be able to save it for their birthdays. I am going to check the other Target tomorrow.
    Kacie, CPST.
    Aunt to SIX little loves between the ages of two weeks and seven years!

I just got back from SuperTarget where I spent my lunch hour! The only toy I bought was a RC Lightning McQueen that was $14.98, regularly $49.99. Owen is a Cars fanatic, so he will love it. There was also a six lane Hot Wheels racetrack set for $23.98, regularly $79.99. There were a lot left, but I wanted to wait to make sure it wasn't the one that my SD returned for whatever reason. I thought about hanging onto it until July when Owen's birthday is. I didn't see much for girls.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)