Target toy clearance January 2012

Holly

Have any of you checked out the toy clearance yet? I just did today, lots of stuff is already 50% off, some is at 30%. Is it supposed to hit 75% this Thursday or next? Last year I went on the day it was marked down just because, I didn't think it was going down to 75% until the next week, luckily I was there anyway.

There are a few things I'll want if they still have them when they hit 75% off. A little tikes adjustable basketball hoop that will be about $12, a Step 2 workbench w/ tools and projects around $17, a Smart cycle video game thing that will be $20, a vtech globe toy that will be $6, some Imaginext stuff, a leapfrog birthday cake toy that will be $4.

I'm going to see what the other Target has tomorrow.

I got some clearance girls clothes today, long sleeve christmassy shirts for $2.38, a pair of pants for that price, and two pairs of corduroy pants for $4.48

ADS

Holly

The other Target didn't have any basketball sets and the store I went to yesterday only had two. I really want it, I may go get it for just 50% off just to get it before it's gone.

Mags462

Havent been to our target this week - but there isn't a whole lot i want either.... right now most stuff is 50% off but it has been since two days before Christmas :confused: I will go look Thursday and see what is there..... I do know there is a TON of little girl clothing that is super cute on clearance and hardly any boys clothes - go figure! :rolleyes:

mom2juliarose

I picked up some Squinkies sets for $2.30-ish, a Zoobles set for $5.30, and a Squinkies carry case for $5. In non-toy items I made out like a bandit on clothing for DS, who is just sizing up into 24 months. I got him like 15 pieces for about $3 each!

Meg

Our two Targets seemed to go to 75% off early this year. There is a lot less sale stuff than usual though, which stinks! I've bought a bunch of toys at 75% off and just bought my youngest a basketball hoop for his birthday, which was just 50%.

Shaunam

I picked up a toy for a b-day party we are going to in a few weeks, but honestly what they had didn't look all that great and the prices weren't even down low enough to justify buying anything. If they had lego sets at a decent price, I might pick up a couple because I know DS will still be into that next year, but I took one to a price check and it rang up $15 even and honestly it looked like a set that should only be $12-13 at regular price. I don't know what's up with that. It was on a shelf marked clearance. :confused:

4boysmom

I picked up a toy for a b-day party we are going to in a few weeks, but honestly what they had didn't look all that great and the prices weren't even down low enough to justify buying anything. If they had lego sets at a decent price, I might pick up a couple because I know DS will still be into that next year, but I took one to a price check and it rang up $15 even and honestly it looked like a set that should only be $12-13 at regular price. I don't know what's up with that. It was on a shelf marked clearance. :confused:

Unless it had a red sticker on it the toy probably walked itself over from other aisle.

Shaunam

Unless it had a red sticker on it the toy probably walked itself over from other aisle.

I just thought it was odd that it was $15 even. Usually they are $14.99 or something. When I rang it up, it had like a weird code attached. I'm thinking it was meant to be clearanced and just hadn't been priced right or something. Or maybe $15 WAS a good price for it, I don't know. It seemed like a small lego set though.

Lots of the toys didn't have stickers even though there were multiples on the clearance shelves.

4boysmom

I just thought it was odd that it was $15 even. Usually they are $14.99 or something. When I rang it up, it had like a weird code attached. I'm thinking it was meant to be clearanced and just hadn't been priced right or something. Or maybe $15 WAS a good price for it, I don't know. It seemed like a small lego set though.

Lots of the toys didn't have stickers even though there were multiples on the clearance shelves.

maybe it was on sale last week? When the go on sale they tend to be an even dollar amount.

Holly

I scoped out Target again today. The step 2 work benches are gone, but I didn't need one anyway. The basketball hoops are still there, and I found a third one hidden by the bikes. I don't want the smart cycle thing anymore or the vtech globe. I just want the basketball hoop and the leapfrog birthday cake, and maybe this imaginext villain robot. I'm going at opening tomorrow with all 3 kids before Hannah goes to school. I hope they really hit 75% off tomorrow!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
I'm planning to go today too. Anyone on the East Coast go? You could be done & back by now and let us know if they really did go to 75% today. Possibly save us a trip? Or let us know the great deals you got!

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
There was still a TON of stuff when I left at 9:15 from Target! Most of the Legos went fast.

I got:
Midflex Dual (for my 9yo who is turning 10) $99.99 marked to $29.98
Olivia house for $8.98
Extra Olivia figure for $1.48
6 sets of fun erasers $0.88 ea
Moon Dough Popcorn $5.98

All for $55

I had a bunch more but put it all back. Have to stick to a budget. This covers the next 2 birthdays for my kids plus the erasers to put with friend gifts for birthday parties.

solmama

Oh, my, I got some stuff, too.

Lego Creator Lighthouse for $11.98
ImagiNext Aircraft Carrier for 11.98
Matchbox Shark Ship for 11.68
ImagiNext Construction truck 11.68
KreO Transformers set 11.98
Hello Kitty House 10.48
MarioKart race track 23.98

I think that's it. We have 6 spring birthdays in our family. My 2 kids, and 4 of our nieces and nephews. Thanks to Target clearance, I can afford to buy them all nice gifts. Yay!

Holly

I got some stuff, but the basketball hoop I wanted was only at 30% off.

I got:

Leapfrog birthday cake for $4.70 ish
Circo extra train track pieces for $4
Imaginext villain robot for about $6
Firefighter hat for $2
Batman IXL game for $7.50 (for my nephews)

I think that is it.

Mags462

I went and boy was there a TON when i got there around 9:30a.... by the time i left at 11:30a it was far more picked over. I resisted and didn't get much in the way of toys but i noticed a truckload of wooden thomas stuff for 75% off (think $100 sets for $25) and they also had the circo brand train table and track set for $20.... i didn't buy any of that but it was a heck of a deal for whoever did. I really had to chuckle at the 30+ Rock star mickey's they had for $15..... i felt bad for parents who paid $60 before christmas :eek: Tons of leapster 2 and leapster explorer games for $7, wooden circo kitchens for $25, etc etc etc. Like i said there was lots. I spent most of my time truthfully in the shoes and clothes..... lots of good deals there. I had more stuff in my cart and decided to put a lot back.... we just really didn't "need" it and i was buying it more because it was a good deal. ;)

So what i did buy was:

2 pairs of shoes for me = $12
Outdoor balls for the boys = $3
Circo wooden straight track expansion = $5
Boys sweater = $5
Suitcase (travel size for the boys) = $6

I was pleased with my finds. :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I got a Monster Jam Hot Wheels thing for the boys for $11.98, originally $39.99. They are going to love it! I don't know if I'm going to be able to save it for their birthdays. I am going to check the other Target tomorrow. :)

msg221

I just got back from SuperTarget where I spent my lunch hour! The only toy I bought was a RC Lightning McQueen that was $14.98, regularly $49.99. Owen is a Cars fanatic, so he will love it. There was also a six lane Hot Wheels racetrack set for $23.98, regularly $79.99. There were a lot left, but I wanted to wait to make sure it wasn't the one that my SD returned for whatever reason. I thought about hanging onto it until July when Owen's birthday is. I didn't see much for girls.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC