Britax Decathlon vs Boulevard

M

marim123

Hi,

My 3 year old son is in a Britax Wizard (since he was 7 months old). We LOVE it so much. I'd love to buy a new Britax Wizard for my younger child who is going to outgrow his infant seat soon. Unfortunately, it looks like Britax has discontinued the Wizard and I think my choices for a comparable car seat would be the Decathlon or the Boulevard.

Is it true that the Decathlon (and maybe the Boulevard) are more difficult to tighten (harness adjustment) than the older versions like the wizard and the marathon?

Could you explain the differences between the decathlon and the boulevard? They seem very similar. Is one just a better version of the other or are they actually quite different from each other?

Thanks so much...

Best regards,
marim

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Boulevard is the new Wizard. Adjustable headrest, wings, infant padding, other than the new lockoffs that have come on all the Britaxes in the last year or so the Boulevard is the Wizard.

The Decathalon has a push button adjuster, no black LATCH bars along the side, a toddler head pillow and infant padding. It's closer to the Marathon than the Boulevard.

HTH

Wendy

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I have both the Wizard and the Boulevard. The Boulevard is really the same as the Wizard except for the shape of the head wings and the new lock offs (which the Decathlon has too). If you love your Wizard you will love the Boulevard. :) The major difference between the Boulevard & the Decathlon is that the Decathlon doesn't have TSIP (True Side Impact Protection) like the head wings on the Boulevard.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think there is a slight difference in the wings between the Wizard and Boulevard. I believe the wings on the Boulevard are slightly wider (head-space-wise) than the Wizard.

marim123

Re: More Questions about Britax Boulevard

Thank you so much for the quick replies. I have decided to get the Boulevard since it's more like the Wizard.

Can I ask a few more questions? Was there a recall on the Boulevard? If so, are there some models/patterns I should avoid? I've seen some websites offering the Boulevard at some lower clearance prices and I'm not sure if those companies are trying to unload recalled merchandise. It's the Boulevard Regal pattern (black and tan) that's on clearance sale.

Some other sites are offering good prices on the Boulevard in Onyx and specifically saying that they are not affected by the recall.

I haven't purchased a car seat in almost 3 years so I don't know what's recalled and what's not.

Thanks so much.

Best regards,
mari

gusmom

i don't know about the recalls, except that BRU is no longer carrying the Regal in store, so maybe they are planning to discontinue it altogether?

One other difference we're just discovering - installed our Boulevard this weekend -- the Boulevard does not have an adjustable crotch strap & it actually seems kind of short.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC