Anyone want to talk full-size all-terrain singles with me?

LuvBug

Oh definitely! We had a triple and a quad for the daycare kids way back when. That is where I found the berg love and ordered a single. They don't actually make singles anymore. They are great strollers for certain situations though(like multiples. they also rent them out at hiking trails, etc)

ADS

*canon*

Talking about triples, I have been eyeballing the ABC Adventure triple. It has an incredibly unique triple configuration but a lot of people who have ordered it absolutely love it. Phil (originator of P&T) owns it. He's a really pleasant guy.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Talking about triples, I have been eyeballing the ABC Adventure triple. It has an incredibly unique triple configuration but a lot of people who have ordered it absolutely love it. Phil (originator of P&T) owns it. He's a really pleasant guy.

I have one;) Older model though. Having a bad time trying to sell it.

Anne, you should look at the stroll-air zoom a bit more. The 11 inch tires might just work. I took/take my original stroll air spider duo all over, across my yard, up to soccer, etc. It has all air tires. If you upgraded to the air tires, it might suit your purposes. Stroll-air did a fabulous job when they upgraded their models and addressed all of the concerns, like the taller seat backs, the double is narrower, and the hop on board.

The queen b seat doesn't sit up straight? My bertini's does. 90* angle.

Didn't you say you could see emmaljungas? What about an edge 3 in 1 or a classic?

http://www.emmaljunga.com/english/Prams/Find_your_pram-312.html

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is a store that imports them though I don't know what models! I'll have to keep that in mind. I do ADORE prams!

*canon*

Prams are awesome! I want an emmaljunga ringo...love the big wheels.

I just recently purchased a Silver Cross Normandie that I have asked DH to help me buff and polish. So excited about it but hoping this morning afternoon evening sickness fades so I can get to work on it soon before DC4 arrives. Lol.

jordansmom

Musts:

-Good suspension
-Large tires, preferably air-filled
-Good push (steering not as important as push, over rough terrain and up hills especially)
-Bassinet or carrycot available (doesn't need to be standard)
-Decent basket (needn't be perfect, but must not be virtually unusable, and the nicer, the better) OR a shelf (I actually love having a cargo shelf instead of standard basket)
-Decent shade (alas, this ruled out the Mountain Buggy for me... I love my MBUJD but the shade is crappy.)
-Quality construction
-High occupant weight limit (45 lbs. is the minimum I'd even consider on occupant capacity)
-Fairly tall seat

I like the compact fold, really nice basket, and available zip-in UV sun shade on the TriMode. I also like the Hitch Hiker, and think I might actually use that if I got it. I don't love the overall design asthetic or colors. I'm in love with the IDEA of the Joey add-on toddler seat but realistically don't think I'd use it (I have doubles for that. Lots of them.) Ditto the zip-off extra storage pouch on the back. Plus, as much as I love the IDEA of zip on and off stuff? In practice I tend to have problems with them... Practical usage problems, and sensory issues. I'm also not a fan of the 45 lb. weight limit.

We own a Valco Trimode EX and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! They are not common in our area, although we are starting to see more of them, and I'm always getting complimented on the look of it and asked what it is. We have the all black version from 2009 and it really is sharp looking. What I love about it:

The wheels tackle any and all rough terrain we have tried and we have tried some rough stuff! Also love that it comes with it's own air pump that discreetly stores under the seat.

Awesome canopy and zip in UV sunshade (definitely worth the extra purchase!) - DS1 was born in June and I knew we would be outdoors immediately, so the UV shade was a real selling point. It also creates a cozy little nap spot with a little more privacy for the little ones!

Add on Joey seat with canopy - purchased this with the arrival of DS2 and am pleased, although I think we could also do without. DS1 usually prefers to walk, but it has come in handy when he has tired and I've been out with both boys on my own. I usually babywear the little guy, but again, it's a nice option and well made. DS1 is comfortable in the seat and still had considerable head clearance, but I'm not sure how comfortable a "bigger kid" would be.

Bassinet is awesome! Loved using the bassinet and that it came with it's own bug netting and rain cover. Everything is really tailored to the different pieces and the fits are great. It was easy to switch the seat and bassinet out.

Standard options - Zipon storage bag on back, rain cover, air pump, infant head hugger. Did I forget anything?

Negatives:

It's not a small fold nor light by any means, but what all terrain stroller really is? I was able to manage the stroller no problem in and out of our SUV even 9 months pregnant.

And that's really the only negative for us!

Good luck with your stroller search and sending baby dust your way! Oh, and I think I heard they were coming out with a new color for the Trimode in 2012, but can't remember where I read that!

Here's a short blog review of some AT strollers as well:
http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/850363/best-all-terrain-strollers

amyd

jordansmom said:
We own a Valco Trimode EX and LOVE LOVE LOVE it! They are not common in our area, although we are starting to see more of them, and I'm always getting complimented on the look of it and asked what it is. We have the all black version from 2009 and it really is sharp looking. What I love about it:

The wheels tackle any and all rough terrain we have tried and we have tried some rough stuff! Also love that it comes with it's own air pump that discreetly stores under the seat.

Awesome canopy and zip in UV sunshade (definitely worth the extra purchase!) - DS1 was born in June and I knew we would be outdoors immediately, so the UV shade was a real selling point. It also creates a cozy little nap spot with a little more privacy for the little ones!

Add on Joey seat with canopy - purchased this with the arrival of DS2 and am pleased, although I think we could also do without. DS1 usually prefers to walk, but it has come in handy when he has tired and I've been out with both boys on my own. I usually babywear the little guy, but again, it's a nice option and well made. DS1 is comfortable in the seat and still had considerable head clearance, but I'm not sure how comfortable a "bigger kid" would be.

Bassinet is awesome! Loved using the bassinet and that it came with it's own bug netting and rain cover. Everything is really tailored to the different pieces and the fits are great. It was easy to switch the seat and bassinet out.

Standard options - Zipon storage bag on back, rain cover, air pump, infant head hugger. Did I forget anything?

Negatives:

It's not a small fold nor light by any means, but what all terrain stroller really is? I was able to manage the stroller no problem in and out of our SUV even 9 months pregnant.

And that's really the only negative for us!

Good luck with your stroller search and sending baby dust your way! Oh, and I think I heard they were coming out with a new color for the Trimode in 2012, but can't remember where I read that!

Here's a short blog review of some AT strollers as well:
http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/850363/best-all-terrain-strollers

We also have a Trimode and love it. Although I am now contemplating selling it because I want a stroller that can switch the seat direction. It's a great AT option, though. I just don't need AT.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

*canon*

Kaylee31 said:
Mountain Buggies improved their canopies, starting with the 2010 models. Now they all have a pop-out mesh shade extension, so don't let the old hoods deter you from trying one. And the canopy on the Plus One model is huge! All of the MBs have an optional carrycot.
I had an MB Terrain and liked it a lot-- but it's a huge stroller and has such a long fold. (Which I'm sure you know since you have an MBUD). I've also had a BOB SE, and a BJ Summit XC, but prefered the MB for features & looks (I have a stroller addiction, with an all-terrain fetish! :p)
But I recently got a jet Indie and love it! Why I like it better than the other ATs I've tried: It feels so much lighter & more manageable for me to fold & unfold (~10 lbs. lighter than the Terrain, ~5 lbs less than BOB or BJ). I'm only 5'2" and the Terrain came up to my chest-- so MBs are great for tall parents. I love the Indie fabrics-- the jet is soft & water-resistant. It has a big canopy of course, and I like the mesh peek-a-boo window vs. plastic. The basket is huge & super easy to access. Yesterday I easily fit my over-stuffed Versa diaper bag & DS' monster truck in there. I like the adjustable footrest and the one-strap recline. It also sits up fairly upright and comes with the bumper bar which can be used as a carseat adapter. I think the upright seat & footrest make it more baby-friendly & comfy than other AT's. And you can get a carrycot for it. I've also heard the Valco Hitchhiker will fit on the Indie too (as well as MBs and a lot of other strollers).
I must say the Indie doesn't glide quite as well as a BOB or Terrain (the rear 16" wheels on them probably account for this), but it still has a great one-handed push with my almost 30 lb. DS in it. It does come with a cupholder (which is skinny & will only hold a water bottle) & the belly bar, but I wish it still came with a raincover & tire pump.
I've never seen the Queen B IRL, but it does look cool. There isn't many other all-terrain reversibles out these days, except maybe the Icandy Peach jogger, which is $$$.

Do you know if there is a wheel kit to turn the peach into a peach jogger? I have the peach blossom and love it!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The Trimode is a very heavy push when loaded with kids and bags. Well made, but heavy.

I'd definitely look at a City Mini GT or ABC stroller ($400-$600 for pre-loved ones already imported to the US).

Ok, I really like the look of the ABC- but ONLY with the 4-wheel stability kit. And there's basically no where I can try that out, huh?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The Trimode is a very heavy push when loaded with kids and bags. Well made, but heavy.

I don't know about that. I had the twin and found it VERY easy to push, even when fully loaded. It never got heavy unless I put the jump seat on the front and had a kid over 30lbs up there. Otherwise, I could push that sucker one handed anywhere I wanted to go. I liked it so well that I just ordered a Valco Quad to replace it since I gave the Twin to my dd who is expecting her 2nd baby.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Right now I have a MB Terrain, a P&T Explorer and a Britax B-agile. The B-agile is still in the box but I can take pictures/measurements of any of them if you want. I have written a review of the Stokke Xplory and I have ton of pictures if you want to see any of those. I really like the P&T as an all purpose stroller.

tentoes

Ok, I really like the look of the ABC- but ONLY with the 4-wheel stability kit. And there's basically no where I can try that out, huh?

That depends if you live near someone who owns one :D
I'm on StrollerSwap and can ask around. What zip or area are you in? Feel free to message me here (or on fb, Nava Jay) and I'll let you know what they say.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC