Someone talk me into or out of this.

zactayaus

I am dying for a Diono R120 in red.:love: Gavin would love it too. He is big time into Lightening McQueen right now and therefore loves anything red cause it apparently reminds him of McQueen.:p I can't just buy the seat cause I really need to sell a seat or two to help fund it. I'm already selling a classic MA and I would sell one of our RN80SL's that Gavin is currently using and stick Gavin in his MR temporarily until the new seat came in. Am I just being crazy? Should I just be happy with what we have or should I go for it?

WWYD?:eek:

ADS

rachelandtyke

umm, aren't you asking that question in the wrong place? :whistle: Lots of carseats coming and going 'round these parts! :p

zactayaus

umm, aren't you asking that question in the wrong place? :whistle: Lots of carseats coming and going 'round these parts! :p

I know, I know.:rolleyes: I'm probably going to do it any way, but I know I really shouldn't and thought maybe someone really could talk some sense into me.:eek:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Get it. I'm only saying this because I am dying for an 80SL. Lmao.

Jessica61624

Im debating about buying a rxt. My excuse is the baby could use the XTSL we have eventually. I only want a new one for a purple or blue cover! So I can't really help ya there....

penguingrooves

don't do it - you know you don't need one. there will always be cuter covers, design, color, etc... it's your responsibility to resist such temptations if you want to provide a better financial situation for your family and ultimately your son.

(i know it's hard to resist when companies have trained professionals to make us buy unnecessary products...)

Baylor

Go for it. They are only young once, I wish I would have known there were all these seats when my kids were little.. now I am stuck with only combos and boosters.. Not much fun at all...

:)

Spam

I'd wait until he goes ffing and get him a cardinal fr85. Austin connects everything red to mcqueen too and i so want the cardinal cover. Unless of course you love radians and would use it until he no longer fit, then go for it.

zactayaus

I thought his radians were red?

We have two shadow RN's but the one in dh's truck is currently wearing Rio clothes which isn't a true red. It's more of a dark brick red or kind of like a purplish red. So more of a maroon color than red if that makes sense. We'd be selling one with a shadow cover.

hrice

If your crazy then I am too. I just sold our Radians and replaced them with a Daytona R120 and Cobalt RXT!

zactayaus

I'd wait until he goes ffing and get him a cardinal fr85. Austin connects everything red to mcqueen too and i so want the cardinal cover. Unless of course you love radians and would use it until he no longer fit, then go for it.

We actually already have an FR85 in Redrock ready and waiting from the big Wayfair sale. I will eventually be getting a cardinal cover for it though cause I like that cover so much more.

hrice

Lemonade said:
hmmmm.

How much?

Don't ask. I know...I sold it to you for goodness sake.

DH actually likes the radian in his car and I've heard rumor that the 80 gives more growth room than the XTSL.

It's not a rumor. The 80 gives more growing room since the shoulders can go over the top slots in the Radian as long as the tops of the ears aren't above the top of the shell. The wings on the XTSL make it last a little less time.

cryswilkins

Doesn't the cover from the newer seats for on the older seats? I would look into that first before buying the whole seat ;)

tam_shops

I thought the cover went on one, but not the other? I forget which...

Are you buying the new seat to ERF, then I'd do it. Otherwise, I'd hold out for the Frontier.

And, I should mention I have a shopping problem! LOL :p

tam

zactayaus

OMG! I just very casually and cautiously showed dh a pic of the seat. I was like "look at how nice this car seat is" (knowing he's a sucker for red/black baby gear;)). He was like "wow, that is nice". I said "yeah, I'm thinking about selling a couple of seats and getting this one". I said "I think it would look awesome in my truck" and then he said "then why don't you get it!":eek: I am in shock! I have one sitting in my cart now but I just can't pull the trigger. I think I'm feeling guilty and I really should sell the other seats before I buy this one but the seat is on sale right now for $218 at Justkidsstore and I really want it!:eek: What to do?! What to do?!

luckyclov

Ummmm, I just bought a Colbalt RXT for DS2 (he still has plenty of RF room left in his Cowmoo MA70:whistle:) because I think it'll look slammin' next to DD's Livia FR85 (and DS1's Maui Blue PWSG in the 3rd row).

So, I say...DO IT.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC