1st flight w/Marathon 70 - Advise/tips?

meredith1851

Hello,
We are getting ready to fly Jetblue in a few weeks for the 1st time with our 13 mth old DS who is 23.5 lbs and 30 inches.

We are debating getting another convertible car seat that is smaller both for occasional air travel and for my hubands Silverado.

I guess I have 2 questions:

1. What would be a safe car seat for his Silverado (Suicide doors) but comfortable and might be a good seat for air travel?

2. If we end up taking the Marathon 70 on the flight, are there any tips/trick for installing? I think we will put him FF for the flight.

Thanks!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd put him rear facing on the flight. Otherwise he'll be more upright than he's used to and maybe not sleep as well, and he'll kick the seat in front of him.

For a spare/travel seat I'd look at a Cosco Scenera, Safety 1st onSide Air, Combi Coccoro (but it only rear faces to 33 pounds). Those would be my top three.

Wendy

meredith1851

Thanks so much for your reply. Forgot to ask...If we FF on the plane, can we recline him a little? If so, how? Do we use the recline feature on the actual car seat or recline the plane seat?
Also, of those 3 backup seats you mentioned, is ther one that is the safest? The Scenera has no protection and is all just plastic which worries me. Not to mention it is hard as a rock..haha. I want my sitter to also use the seat so it is important that it is safe but also comfortable.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC