Fraying vs. fuzzing harness

purplemama

Does anyone have maybe some pics that show the difference? Or maybe some pics that show fraying? The MA65 that DS2 rode in that DD nows rides in has had "fuzzing" in two spots near the buckle tongues for a long time. One on each side but in different spots. Today when putting her in I noticed that it's a bit worse now. One side it looks as if a strand of nylon might be coming out but I'm not sure.
I've taken it out of my van and put in a Titan (yuck) for her for now until I can get a new harness. I'm not comfortable with using it anymore. :(
I have wanted a new seat for her for awhile now but it's not in the budget for now.
UGH.

ADS

purplemama

Argh. Just checked the Britax website and the harness is $35 shipped. It seriously costs $15 to ship a harness? Whatever. It's small and light.

I'm going to call Monday to ask if it comes with new buckle tongues (I think the ones on the seat are whats causing the fraying). Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll send me a new harness just to be nice.

And yeah, I think it's definitly fraying, I looked a little closer at it and there is a piece of nylon seperating from the harness. Now I feel so horrified I put my DD in that seat with it like that.

lovemybabybug

Here's mine i would say this is fraying. It was on the harness adjuster. Graco replaced the whole thing
DSC_0992.jpg

purplemama

Yikes!!! That is some major fraying!!!! Mine is NOWHERE near that bad, just one strand of nylon coming loose. Just makes me nervous, KWIM?

Pixels

Fuzzing is when the individual fibers that make up the individual strands (threads) start coming up, but no more. Fraying is when entire strands are coming undone, as in PP's picture.

purplemama

Fuzzing is when the individual fibers that make up the individual strands (threads) start coming up, but no more. Fraying is when entire strands are coming undone, as in PP's picture.

Ah. I do have one complete strand that is coming out. I'm going to replace it whether or not it's fuzzing or fraying just for our piece of mind. Better safe than sorry, KWIM? It's moving to DH's car and he's far more paranoid than I about it.

purplemama

WOW!!! Britax is sending a new harness free of charge as a one time goodwill gesture. I didn't even ask for a new one, she just told me she's sending a new one out right away after I told her that it was fuzzing maybe starting to fray. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC