Hands on with new Cosco Apt - Pic Heavy

Cath3114

Picked one of these up today to use in BF's 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I took all sorts of measurements and pics, so this is pic heavy. Price was $55 at Kmart.

38bcfede.jpg

Unboxed (unbagged, really)

840ed46e.jpg

Dual recline marker on both sides

9da0d869.jpg

DOM 12/15/11

4e20e806.jpg

Lowest slots about 5-5.5"

7f5b5a9e.jpg

Highest slots at 14". There are 5 total.

f1254386.jpg

The cup holders jut out to the sides. Total width from edge to edge of cup holder is 22"

2842a0c7.jpg

Interior seating height 24"

c700a60d.jpg

Interior seating width 10"

e7be7da8.jpg

Three slots for crotch buckle. 3.5-6.5"

a7ecec7d.jpg

Do not use after 2018 stamped on back

92a4678e.jpg

Reinforced top 2 slots

1fadfd7a.jpg

DD checking it out.

fd44bf66.jpg

Sitting in it. It came on the middle slots, which were perfect for her.

7f387726.jpg

Unfortunately, the short back seat of the Jeep doesn't allow 80% of the base on the seat, no matter how I try to vary the angle. The base is pretty weird. It's very far back, so I could see this being a problem in cars with short seats.

There is no more continuous harness. There is a second loop to be used with the lowest slot for a tighter fit for small babies. It's not at the splitter plate like others I have seen. You have to pop the harness out where it goes into the bottom of the seat and adjust it there. I would never have guessed that without reading the manual.

Unfortunately, it will have to be returned because of the Jeep's seat issue. Otherwise, I was adequately impressed with it. I wish we had been able to keep it. If anybody would like more pics or measurements before I take it back, please let me know.

ADS

sk8nut

Just curious how it compares to the Scenera 40RF since the weights are the same. Oh and how heavy is it?

Notaclue

So the second level line can't be used until 22lbs? Did I read that right? My dd would have had the newborn recline until she was almost 2 years old, and ds would have been probably 15months. :(

hrice

Oliver79 said:
Would this one need pool noodles or a towel to get the correct recline?

Thanks!

With the base of the seat do far away from the bight I don't know that you could actually use a noodle or rolled towel.

Cath3114

Notaclue said:
So the second level line can't be used until 22lbs? Did I read that right? My dd would have had the newborn recline until she was almost 2 years old, and ds would have been probably 15months. :(

Right. The more upright level line is for 22+ pounds.

Reactions: Kac

Cath3114

sk8nut said:
Just curious how it compares to the Scenera 40RF since the weights are the same. Oh and how heavy is it?

It's very, very light. Not any heavier than a Scenera.

I only have a 35RF Scenera, not a 40RF. But it is much wider than a Scenera because of the cup holders. I really wish they had been more inset, since it adds about 5" (I believe the Scenera is 17" wide, this one is 22"). It definitely won't be very 3 across friendly. And it says FAA approved, but I think it would be a challenge to fit in an airline seat with the armrests down.

The shell height is the same as the Scenera (I put it side by side with an Onside Air in the store and they were the same height. The Scenera and OA are based on the same shell).

Cath3114

hrice said:
With the base of the seat do far away from the bight I don't know that you could actually use a noodle or rolled towel.

I'd say you're right. The manual does say a towel can be used to get the correct recline, but I don't see how it could be done. There's SO much space under the lip of the seat before the base starts. That's my chief complaint and why it won't work for the Jeep. The base is just so odd. I don't think it would be any problem in my Impala, but we needed it just for the Jeep.

Cath3114

I will have both the Apt and Scenera in my hands tomorrow, so I'll take side by side pics. If anybody wants any other pics, let me know. The Apt will be going back to the store Wednesday.

Lenae

Is the cover any more padded than the Scenera? That is my only complaint about the Scenera. It would have been the perfect travel seat for us, but I just didn't want DD sitting in a seat so unpadded for 6+ hours.

Cath3114

Lenae said:
Is the cover any more padded than the Scenera? That is my only complaint about the Scenera. It would have been the perfect travel seat for us, but I just didn't want DD sitting in a seat so unpadded for 6+ hours.

Nope. Didn't appear to be.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
It does look like it would have to be overreclined to sit properly on the vehicle seat... Weird!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Do you think it would fit in the captains chair of a 2010 Chrysler Town and country? Is the harness easy to adjust, or is like the old Scenera?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC