Skip Hop Bags--which one to get?

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I want to snag one of the Skip Hop bags from Gilt, but I don't know if I should get the Dash or Duo. I currently am using a JJB BeAll and really like it, but it's just a little too bulky for me. I am a notorious over-packer though so I don't want to go much smaller.
What I normally carry is:
My wallet (wristlet sized) & cell phone
2-3 cloth diapers for DS and a few cloth wipes w/ spray
Wet bag
Change of clothes for DS (onesie & pants)
Snacks for DD-a granola bar, fruit pouch and snack trap-sized cup of something
Sigg Kids water bottle
Toys for DS (Sophie giraffe, a teether & rattle usually)
Hand sanitizer spray and wipes
Small receiving blanket
a couple burp clothes

And right now we are in hat/mitten season so those usually get stuffed into the bag when we're inside someplace.

Yes, I know I have a problem! I have tried packing less, but just can't do it. :eek:

ADS

Angela

I got the Duo and am going to see how I like it. I tend to pack about as much as you. :) We have an eagle creek backpack one, but there's no pockets in it and I remember it being too big with DS, so I'm hoping the Duo will work for what I want to fit in there. Of course, we won't have formula packed in there this time and it's baby #2, so I probably won't overpack as much as I did with DS. Plus DS will be almost 7 when the baby is born so I don't have to pack anything 'extra' for him in there. Sorry, I know I'm not much help, but that's what I decided on. :)

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I just ordered the Dash :) I was leaning toward that one. I hope it works out. I might still get a Duo too since a mama in one of my mom's groups is selling one for $30 :whistle:

Athena

The Dash. I don't think that will all fit in the Duo and the Duo doesn't stand up on its own. If I could only have one SH bag, it would be the Dash.

What do you mean it doesn't stand up? I suppose it is a bit more top heavy than the dash because it's taller (and a bit bigger overall) so depending on the way it's packed, it could fall over. But generally, it is sitting next to something anyway, like a chair leg, and I find it stands up fairly well. I've been very happy with my Duo and appreciate not having that flap getting in my way to get to things quickly. i think it's probably a personal preference though. They look more similar than different to me.

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've had both the Dash was great when he was younger but the Duo is my all time fav because I'm lazy and hated the flap :)

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Hopefully I'll like the Dash. I don't mind the flap on the BeAll so it shouldn't be a problem on this either. I had a BFF that I sold because I didn't like how tall it was and I'm afraid I wouldn't like that about the Duo too. Estimated delivery for the Dash isn't until Friday! It's a good thing it was a good deal. I hate waiting! I've been spoiled with my Amazon Prime :eek:

bubbaray

What do you mean it doesn't stand up? I suppose it is a bit more top heavy than the dash because it's taller (and a bit bigger overall) so depending on the way it's packed, it could fall over. But generally, it is sitting next to something anyway, like a chair leg, and I find it stands up fairly well. I've been very happy with my Duo and appreciate not having that flap getting in my way to get to things quickly. i think it's probably a personal preference though. They look more similar than different to me.

Its a vertical bag, if you set it down on the floor, it will fall over unless it is propped up against something.

I owned 2 Dashes and 1 Duo. I liked them for different things. I used the Duo more as a stroller organizer bag. They pack quite differently IME.

Athena

Its a vertical bag, if you set it down on the floor, it will fall over unless it is propped up against something.

I owned 2 Dashes and 1 Duo. I liked them for different things. I used the Duo more as a stroller organizer bag. They pack quite differently IME.

I find mine will usually stand on it's own, but that may be in how I pack it. ;) And it may be that the dash stands better.

I do use it on my stroller a lot, so maybe that's why it works well for me. :) I snap it on the stroller, go somewhere, snap it off to carry/use as a bag while there (loving the long strap that fits diagonally across my body for easy carry), then snap back on the stroller when we're leaving to go to the next place ... :) But the dash probably has the same stroller clips. Love those.

I hope OP enjoys her new bag!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC