Would you buy a new GN (store display) for $63.63?

Lemonade

At TRU. Tags still attached. Galaxy cover. Store employees say it's never been taken out to a car to be tried. DOM is 6/11?

In related news, if you had a new GN and an RA55 and a 3 yr old who was on the top slots of the RA55 but had like an inch left, you'd keep the GN and sell the RA55, right?

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
If the tags are still attached and it were a good deal, yes.

And yes, I'd use the Nautilus.

Syllieann

I wouldnt because I've seen them dropped before and I fear there could be damage inside that you couldn't see. I guess it depends on the store though, some stores have them attached to the shelf...in that case I guess I would.

Brianna

Nope.

I went to TRU last night to test install a Triumph.. the employee carried it out to my car by a combo of the harness and tether. He didn't put it back up on the shelf too nicely either. I would only consider buying a floor model that was permanently attached to the shelf. I wouldn't trust the employees saying it's never been taken out to a car- they can't know that for sure.

Baylor

Brianna said:
Nope.

I went to TRU last night to test install a Triumph.. the employee carried it out to my car by a combo of the harness and tether. He didn't put it back up on the shelf too nicely either. I would only consider buying a floor model that was permanently attached to the shelf. I wouldn't trust the employees saying it's never been taken out to a car- they can't know that for sure.
I could have sworn I've seen people here talking about carrying them by the harness. I can't see what harm that would do.

auto correct hates me

Pixels

Oh heck no, I wouldn't buy a floor model because they are often abused even without leaving the store. And how do they really know it was never taken out to a vehicle? They weren't there all the time.

Baylor

So I have looked around and got some different answers.. Apparently radian says okay... but I think that would have been SK not DIONO?

Britax says no, But I don't know about others..

Mags462

Yes - i would..... i bought a floor model travel system for $40 and used it for all three of my babies - never gave it a second thought. :D

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I might do it for my own kids, when I could see and inspect it firsthand, but I would make absolutely certain I disclosed that it was a floor model when the time came to resell it.

Lemonade

Not if I had 15 Frontiers in my living room.......... ;)

LOL. First of all, I only ever had, like, 9 FRs in my living room. And they are now all gone. I only have 6 uninstalled car seats or boosters in my house as of this moment. ONLY 6:D And 3 are boosters.

I have FR80s in my car and love them. But she rarely rides in DH's car and he often needs to remove a kid seat to give an adult a ride so I generally install her seat in his car with a seatbelt. GN is easy to seatbelt in and take out.

So, what makes me think this thing really was never touched is a) there is a BRU 5 minutes down the road so I think this TRU doesn't sell many seats because of that. b) the employees were having sort of a meeting in the baby area when I approached them about it and there were maybe 6 of them and they all looked at me backwards when I asked if anyone ever took it out to try it in there car. Of course I cannot make a 100% guarantee it wasn't ever handled roughly but no one can guarantee that even if it's in a box.

CTPDMom

I didn't catch the *T*RU in your first post...and since it's not BRU I'd say yes, I'd buy it and use it. Our TRU gets no traffic in the car seat section and it's WAY in the back of the store. I can't imagine too many people ask to take seats out from there. Our BRU is like a 1/2 mile away.

Kac

Yes I'd buy it and use it for DD.

But I'd never carry a carseat by the harness straps.

Pixels

So I have looked around and got some different answers.. Apparently radian says okay... but I think that would have been SK not DIONO?

Britax says no, But I don't know about others..

SK and Diono are the same company. They just changed the name, they didn't change policies or people or anything. It's kinda like you calling yourself Baylor instead of Ann (or whatever your name is). Same person, different name, doesn't change who you are.

Baylor

Pixels said:
SK and Diono are the same company. They just changed the name, they didn't change policies or people or anything. It's kinda like you calling yourself Baylor instead of Ann (or whatever your name is). Same person, different name, doesn't change who you are.

Yeah. I know they are the same company but with the new seats and all I thought it was possible that they had changed policy about it.
And my name is Ethel. Ethel Prudence to you. :)

auto correct hates me

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC