Considering a 2010 Town & Country van...

bairnns

which is a twin to the Dodge Grand Caravan.

The third row seat looks a bit awkward to me, with plastic protrusions at the bight and a 'waist' of sorts- the seat is narrower near the bight than at the top or knee area.

I'd love some input from owners of 2008-2010 Caravans or Town & Country vans on their experience with car seat installations. I know there is only one tether anchor in the third row.

Assume Captain's chair installations are pretty easy, but if I'm assuming wrong please let me know that too!

I don't have carseat aged children but care for one three year old. Over the years I've cared for other kids and they've become sort of surrogate nieces and nephews. So I have a variety of kids/ages in my car on different days, and may be adding an infant to the mix in the next few months.

I own two Sunshine Radian 65s, one Cosco Scenera, one Chicco KeyFit 30, a Graco HBB, a Harmony LBB and a Cosco LBB. But purchasing seats if needed is an option.

I'm a tech with many years experience volunteering; if an installation is possible I can do it, just need to know what others have found impossible or difficult in this vehicle.

Thank you!

Lori

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I've worked in a few but I don't recall exactly what I did; most I've worked in were a bit older. I seem to remember some problems with lightweight locking latchplates needing to be flipped and even then not working great, and some people needing locking clips, but I don't remember what generation those vehicles were.

The Keyfit and the boosters obviously won't be a problem.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in!

Also, we always love to have more experienced techs here (well, all kinds of techs! ;) ) Did you know there's a simple process to go through to get access to the technician-only area of the forum, and get your title under your name? :)

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
2010's have switchable seatbelts, so no lightweight locking latchplates to worry about. We owned an '08 and never had an issue installing anything in it. If you have one of the old Radians (with the old wider base), then it won't install properly rfing in the third row with those plastic seat bight things. Otherwise, you are fine. With the exception of the keyfit, I've had all of your seats listed in my '08 with no issues (other than the previously mentioned rfing Radian in the 3rd row). Captain's chairs are easy peasy installations and I'm guessing you'll have no issues with a keyfit there. We loved our '08 (Caravan)... sold it to downsize to an Escape because we only had two kids and are now considering getting one again because we are in the process of adopting. :)

Floridamomma

We have a 09 caravan and the captains chairs look like they wont fit much but i like them. My prosport is a little harder to get in then my frontier but that might be a manufacture difference and its not impossible i have amazing installs on both of mine. I also had a momentum rf in a captains chair nicely but i didnt like the myride rf i couldnt seem to get a tight enough install which might of just been my weakness. The back seat i hate for car seats ive only had a marathon rf and scenera ff back there the marathon was ok but the scenera i didnt like that was using latch. I havent tried with seat belts yet. But overall we love our van and would choose it again. The town n countrys are prettier to i think.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC