Whats the best lightweight stroller that allows baby to face you?

ADS

tmahanes

I have a first years indigo and love it.... it is not as nice as my swift but I payed $97 for it and we have totally gotten our moneys worth. B loves being able to watch me.

lovemybabybug

WHERE do you see it for $250, cheapest anywhere I see is $350 for the green one... been debating between the Sola, UppaBaby Vista and the Pliko Switch, we are looking for a reversible stroller that can lay flat and the Sola is a true flat whereas the Vista is more of a tilt back lay flat...

My BRU. On clearance for $299 and they were having an extra 30% off clearance, or something like that, i just remember the clearance price being under $300 before the extra discount. THERE are two stores within 20 minutes of me I'm different directions, one has it on clearance and the other doesn't. It is the green one.

lovemybabybug

The switch fold is huge. After researching and having babysat a kid who had a P3 I thought the switch would be perfect and found one in a consignment sale for $80 but it was a monster folded.

lovemybabies924

did u try the new style flyer??? u have to kick down a little bar on the side of the stroller thats facing you and it pushes amazing either way...i love it. just the fold it a little wonky to me haha

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
canadiangie said:
Versa it is. :)

Now to find one. I'll pm Ben and see. I wonder if I could get purple? Holy cow!

I think Versa is what we'll end up with too. :) If you don't mind, let me know what Ben says.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I read the Versa wasn't coming to Canada until April 2012. Hopefully Ben knows more about that.

Have you looked at the Bee? Meets all your criteria - compact, lightweight, reverses, folds FF or RF with seat on, nimble and comes in a special edition purple right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Rosey

My BRU. On clearance for $299 and they were having an extra 30% off clearance, or something like that, i just remember the clearance price being under $300 before the extra discount. THERE are two stores within 20 minutes of me I'm different directions, one has it on clearance and the other doesn't. It is the green one.

Really? I was counting on it being the p3 with reversing seat. If that's the case im not sure I want one! Maybe I will hold out for the 2012 version.

th003g

Really?!? I went to 2 stores (1 in Suffolk Co had it at $350, 1 in Queens was out of stock). Do you mind telling me which store in NJ had it for under $300? It might be worth it to make the trek over.

I am pretty set on getting the Sola, spent a total of 3 hours in BRU yesterday looking over the Sola and the Urbo vs the Pliko Switch and BJCM. Played with Urbo and Sola most of the time, their seats are interchangeable, fabric on the Urbo seat is more plush, Sola is actually slightly bigger, heavier than the Urbo and the seat is set slightly higher. Neither seat is infinite recline, 3 positions only, not sure if upright is upright enough. Canopy on Urbo covers more of the seat an goes closer to bumper bar.

The Suffolk county BRU had the Swtich on clearance for 279 open box item, they had 1 Switch Compact and 1 Switch Classic. My impression of the switch was that it was a great idea but the seat is too plastic and not sturdy. It is also bulky for an umbrella fold. I also didn't like the flexy chassis. Even with all of this I put it on our Registry until wife said otherwise when she read some reviews.

My wife is due in early April, is it too soon to get a stroller?!?

lovemybabybug

Toms River. Call first to make sure they still have the extra 30% off. Someone on another thread got a BJCM for $70 there this week while this savings event is going on.

lovemybabybug

Really?!? I went to 2 stores (1 in Suffolk Co had it at $350, 1 in Queens was out of stock). Do you mind telling me which store in NJ had it for under $300? It might be worth it to make the trek over.

I am pretty set on getting the Sola, spent a total of 3 hours in BRU yesterday looking over the Sola and the Urbo vs the Pliko Switch and BJCM. Played with Urbo and Sola most of the time, their seats are interchangeable, fabric on the Urbo seat is more plush, Sola is actually slightly bigger, heavier than the Urbo and the seat is set slightly higher. Neither seat is infinite recline, 3 positions only, not sure if upright is upright enough. Canopy on Urbo covers more of the seat an goes closer to bumper bar.

The Suffolk county BRU had the Swtich on clearance for 279 open box item, they had 1 Switch Compact and 1 Switch Classic. My impression of the switch was that it was a great idea but the seat is too plastic and not sturdy. It is also bulky for an umbrella fold. I also didn't like the flexy chassis. Even with all of this I put it on our Registry until wife said otherwise when she read some reviews.

My wife is due in early April, is it too soon to get a stroller?!?

I called them. They don't have it anymore. She said they do not carry that model in that store and it was a return, hence the clearance price.

poohbear

They are still full priced at my BRU - they are probably only discontinuing the line at that particular store, hence the clearance.

OP - You may want to see if you can find a used Bee plus (or even a bee minus) on Kijij or CL. It is by far the best lightweight reversible I have ever pushed! (and doesn't feel much heavier to lift than my bjcm)

canadiangie

I read the Versa wasn't coming to Canada until April 2012. Hopefully Ben knows more about that.

Have you looked at the Bee? Meets all your criteria - compact, lightweight, reverses, folds FF or RF with seat on, nimble and comes in a special edition purple right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

I had considered a Bee. And for two reasons I decided no. 1) it's bugaboo, and too cliche for me :eek: (even BJ is getting to that point for me but I suck it up because their strollers are so good), and 2) the footprint is so big .. wheels set so far apart... would I run into things? You can guess my level of patience for that.

th003g

They are still full priced at my BRU - they are probably only discontinuing the line at that particular store, hence the clearance.

OP - You may want to see if you can find a used Bee plus (or even a bee minus) on Kijij or CL. It is by far the best lightweight reversible I have ever pushed! (and doesn't feel much heavier to lift than my bjcm)

UPDATE: went to another BRU in Brooklyn, they didn't have any there but I ran into an extremely helpful BRU employee who helped me look up other stores in the area, NONE in Brooklyn and Queens. Got clarification from him that the 30% off applies to any stroller that has had its price reduced. He told me to talk to supervisor at store as some employee's are unaware of what qualifies as clearance. Saw on his inventory system that there was a 30% discount note when he looked up the item number. He told me to scan the item on price checkers in the store to see if the discount applied. Decided on the spot to drive back out to Central Suffolk to the BRU I was at yesterday to pick up the Sola. Got there, scanned the item tag on the price checker... TADA... $244.XX... BINGO.... proud owner of a new Mamas and Papas Sola in Grass. Now if i could only score an Urbo seat cover and canopy that would be PERFECT!!!

GO GET YOURS!!!
$260 after taxes for this beaty of a stroller.

th003g

UPDATE: went to another BRU in Brooklyn, they didn't have any there but I ran into an extremely helpful BRU employee who helped me look up other stores in the area, NONE in Brooklyn and Queens. Got clarification from him that the 30% off applies to any stroller that has had its price reduced. He told me to talk to supervisor at store as some employee's are unaware of what qualifies as clearance. Saw on his inventory system that there was a 30% discount note when he looked up the item number. He told me to scan the item on price checkers in the store to see if the discount applied. Decided on the spot to drive back out to Central Suffolk to the BRU I was at yesterday to pick up the Sola. Got there, scanned the item tag on the price checker... TADA... $244.XX... BINGO.... proud owner of a new Mamas and Papas Sola in Grass. Now if i could only score an Urbo seat cover and canopy that would be PERFECT!!!

GO GET YOURS!!!
$260 after taxes for this beauty of a stroller.

Last edited:

poohbear

I had considered a Bee. And for two reasons I decided no. 1) it's bugaboo, and too cliche for me :eek: (even BJ is getting to that point for me but I suck it up because their strollers are so good), and 2) the footprint is so big .. wheels set so far apart... would I run into things? You can guess my level of patience for that.

I got over the cliche part pretty quickly because the stroller is AWESOME. Plus the nice thing about strollers like bugaboo and baby jogger is that they're well known, and thus, the resale value is great. Especially if you buy one off CL. I will easily sell my bee plus for what I paid or maybe even more.

Hmm... I don't find the footprint to be big at all. In fact, the footprint is narrower than my BJCM and my BOB. Slightly wider than my maclaren. I don't run into anything...

poohbear

GO GET YOURS!!!
$260 after taxes for this beaty of a stroller.

That's awesome. Congrats on your great buy! :)

Rosey

GO GET YOURS!!!
$260 after taxes for this beauty of a stroller.
Man I so want one but there aren't any near me (32308) and id drive for it too! And you can t order it online :(

canadiangie

I got over the cliche part pretty quickly because the stroller is AWESOME. Plus the nice thing about strollers like bugaboo and baby jogger is that they're well known, and thus, the resale value is great. Especially if you buy one off CL. I will easily sell my bee plus for what I paid or maybe even more.

Hmm... I don't find the footprint to be big at all. In fact, the footprint is narrower than my BJCM and my BOB. Slightly wider than my maclaren. I don't run into anything...

I get the re-sale thing. I've owned enough higher end gear to know that firsthand. But along with everything else about the Bee is the fact that I've read/heard over and over (since Bee debuted) that it's not that great. :confused: I remember strollerqueen, and mamaparis (stroller guru on BBC) saying they were quite a let down upon release. Now, they could be wrong, that's for sure, but I'm jaded into thinking Bee isn't worth the coin. Can you tell me why you love yours? My ears are open. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC