Whats the best lightweight stroller that allows baby to face you?

canadiangie

I think Isabel would be more willing to sit in a stroller if she could see me.

I'm looking for something compact, lightweight, I'd love it if it was not modular, but I get that that might be my reality. Hmmm, maybe modular is okay, but I'd love it if I could fold the stroller without *having* to take the seat off.

I don't want a maxi cosi or a quinny. :eek:

I don't need alterrain. I don't need car seat compatible. I dont need single-to-double capability.

Right now I have a BJCM S&D, a Mac Quest, a Peg Aria, and a freshly repaired uber loved e3.

Is there anything out there for me??

ADS

lovemybabybug

I was gonna say Quinny Zapp Extra ...:rolleyes:

How about Bumbleride flyer? The handle reverses so there's no moving the seat to fold the stroller and stuff. I haven't personally used one buy have been stalking my craigslist.

canadiangie

I was gonna say Quinny Zapp Extra ...:rolleyes:

How about Bumbleride flyer? The handle reverses so there's no moving the seat to fold the stroller and stuff. I haven't personally used one buy have been stalking my craigslist.

I know, right. But I don't want to push a Dorel stroller, even if it's badged as high-end. I know I'm ridiculous, but there you go. :eek:

I've played with a Flyer. It's too heavy, and the steering is mediocre when the handle is flipped so baby can face you. Don't get me wrong, it's not horrible, but I'm hoping for something more zippy.

On that note, I guess I do want modular. Flipping the seat, rather the handle will mean better steering. Hmmmm.

lovemybabybug

On that note, I guess I do want modular. Flipping the seat, rather the handle will mean better steering. Hmmmm.

Then a Mama's and Papas Urbo would do the trick :p I :love::love::love::love::love::love: that stroller. If it EVER goes on clearance I am buying and saving for a possible next kid.:D
Or the Sola is on sale for about $250!

They aren't lightweight though but they are so awesome!

canadiangie

Then a Mama's and Papas Urbo would do the trick :p I :love::love::love::love::love::love: that stroller. If it EVER goes on clearance I am buying and saving for a possible next kid.:D

Sola looks great. It's $455 here. Figures.

Off to look at the Urbo.. Eta: looks good too. It's $580, tho.

lovemybabybug

Over here they have the black and green one clearance here for like $299 and there's an extra 30%off clearance going on, so around $230ish with tax

The URBO folds pretty flat for the type of stroller it is.

lovemybabybug

Oh yeah there are very pricey, they are just a dream at the moment:D if I bought a $600 stroller my husband would SO kill me lol

Maybe you can check the First Years Indigo. There are mixed reviews on it but I heard is pretty lightweight for a modular stroller and it is under $200. When I was looking for a reversible stroller that was one of my top choices but I ended up going with the Kolcraft Contours which turned out to be a big flop.

Last edited:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
The new BJ, ummm, can't remember it's name, but it faces you and folds without having to remove the seat. The seat folds in half and then you pull up on the single strap to fold the entire thing. Off to look up the name for you...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqHXfAiK5Ug"]BabyJogger City Versa[/ame]

Spam

I love the looks of the versa! If they decide to make that a double like the mini it'll be my *have* to have. The contours isn't bad, but isn't really lightweight and has a smaller seat, I believe the indigo or wave from the first years is similar as well but with an even smaller seat. The Graco sugnature? I haven't played with it or even seen it, it holds up to 50lbs but weighs about 26lbs

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I really like the look of the Versa too! I wonder if the Versa seat would fit on the City Select frame and give it a more compact fold...

Rosey

Id add the peg perego switch to your list. You to can find them used or older models for less on albeebaby and places like that. 19lbs, reversing seat, integrated stand bar, umbrella fold.

I love the look of the versa but am afraid of the price tag.....? Anyone k now? Can you preorder?

canadiangie

Id add the peg perego switch to your list. You to can find them used or older models for less on albeebaby and places like that. 19lbs, reversing seat, integrated stand bar, umbrella fold.

I love the look of the versa but am afraid of the price tag.....? Anyone k now? Can you preorder?

I actually considered one. There's one on kijiji now, where I live, but he's asking $295 and won't budge. Was rude about it too, so forget him. Lol.

I had a P3 once upon a time. I still miss it.

th003g

WHERE do you see it for $250, cheapest anywhere I see is $350 for the green one... been debating between the Sola, UppaBaby Vista and the Pliko Switch, we are looking for a reversible stroller that can lay flat and the Sola is a true flat whereas the Vista is more of a tilt back lay flat...

canadiangie

Unfortunately the Versa is not coming in purple.... Hopefully BJ changes their mind about that though :love::love:

Also did you notice its around 26lbs? :eek:

Good grief, no I did not see it was 26lbs! :thumbsdown: I find anything over 21-22 too heavy, so this gives me something to think about. The last thing I need is some beast of a stroller weighing me down. And no purple? Boo on BJ.

Rosey

The switch (esp the new one with newer style wheels) and the skate are what im deciding between but the skate may still be too heavy/bulky for my taste.

canadiangie

The switch (esp the new one with newer style wheels) and the skate are what im deciding between but the skate may still be too heavy/bulky for my taste.

The Skate is too bulky for me, but lots of ppl love it. There's a mom at school with one. She pushes a Zapp Extra thru summer, and her Skate thru winter. She says it's her workhorse stroller.

The Switch would be perfect for me, but it's just a smidge too full-size for what I need. I wish Mac had a reversible seat stroller, yk? I just need zippy lightweight, but kid facing me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC