Evenflo Secure Kid 300/400 Specs

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Some of the preliminary info posted on the web regarding these new seats is inaccurate so here are the true specs - straight from the source.

Evenflo SecureKid Specs.png

We'll have a full blog review on either the SK300 or 400 model sometime in the near future (hopefully). So stay tuned!

ADS

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
What does it say in regards to harness slot vs shoulder height?

They just sent me that little snippet so I haven't seen the entire manual. It may very well state "at or below" elsewhere in the manual. But I had the same question when I read it. I guess we'll find out soon enough when it's released and someone gets their hands on one.

Ladyl

We don't know what the tops slots will be yet, do we? Any idea if it will be about the same as the Maestro or higher?

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It appears to be (and it's been said before) that it's based on the Maestro shell, so I'd assume the slots would be similar. It looks to have more padding, so maybe there'd be a small loss of height.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Yes - same shell as Maestro so harness slots will be very similar with differences only due to fabric/cover.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
It appears to be (and it's been said before) that it's based on the Maestro shell, so I'd assume the slots would be similar. It looks to have more padding, so maybe there'd be a small loss of height.

Oh that would be a very bad thing. I hope it will last my kids until they are 6 w/the harness...but if it's lost any height that may not be realistic for Patrick as he has a long torso and is already on the top slots of the Maestro. Guess we will find out in a week or so when we get our seat.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Oh that would be a very bad thing. I hope it will last my kids until they are 6 w/the harness...but if it's lost any height that may not be realistic for Patrick as he has a long torso and is already on the top slots of the Maestro. Guess we will find out in a week or so when we get our seat.

It's already got some of the highest slots on the market. It's tied with the nautilus and prosport (depending on who measures, half inch variances have been reported), and second only to the frontier85. The second highest slots on the market are nothing to sneeze at.
It might be less than ideal for the maybe top 2% of children who are both long torsoed AND on the slower end of maturity in terms of being booster ready, but for the vast majority of children, an 18 inch torso height allowance is enough , generally way more than enough, to get them to booster readiness.
So in general, I don't think height is going to be an issue with this seat.
That being said, you certainly have every right to feel disappointed personally, that this seat might not work for your particular children. :) Especially since you've already purchased it :) I just don't want others to be confused that this seat is somehow "small" or anything.....it's likely going to be a really nice, big, cheapish combo seat.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Plus, I really don't think padding will change it by more than 0.25"-0.5", if that. For most kids, even 17.5" will get them to booster age easily.

Splash

LOVE the 40 pound and 43 inch minimum on the booster. Three years is still too young for me, but MOST three year olds are not 40/43

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I am liking this seat. The head portion doesn't seem to stick out as much as the Nautilus and the harness height is 17.5 with a little pressure on the seat. :D

YAY!!!! That is great news! Can't wait to get ours!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, no manual. :( I have pics, but I at the fire dept. We are learning about what to do with crashed hybrid cars! :D So, when I get home, I will start a thread.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Read my other post ;) I am at the fire dept. Didn't make it home. I will do it right after practice.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Does it have the same instructions as the maestro to use as a booster if you can't tether it?

FWIW, the manual doesn't say that, exactly. IIRC, it said something to the effect of 'if you can't tether the Maestro, it MAY BE safer to use it as a belt positioning booster'. It didn't say you had to or that it was unsafe to use untethered. And you certainly wouldn't do so with a younger child. Bottom line is, it still past testing without the top tether in a lap belt position or it would not be on the market.

I get a better untethered install with a Maestro with a lap belt then I ever thought of getting with a Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC