We turned FF today!

bella_1818

Yesterday was DS's last day rear-facing. He made it to 4 years, 4 months and 4 days RF in his Radian XT. He's 39.5 lbs and 41.5 inches tall.

Thank you all so much for welcoming me and telling me about ERF options when I showed up here two years ago! Special thanks to Wendy for all the help way back when checking my install pictures and encouraging me after my local police department seat check told me it was illegal to RF past the age of 1 and wouldn't check the seat.

Last edited:
ADS

MommyShannon

Wow, great job! I can't believe you tortured him like that! I think that's a perfect photo to prove ERF IS comfortable!

java

Wow, great job! I can't believe you tortured him like that! I think that's a perfect photo to prove ERF IS comfortable!

I know, he looks so miserable in the photo! We JUST got an xtsl in the mail today, looking forward to seeing my DD that old and still rfing in hers:)

Great job mama! And wow, I can't believe they said it was illegal to r past 1!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I can't believe they said it was illegal to r past 1!

In at least one state (I want to say Kentucky????) I'm pretty sure this is true.
Until 4 days ago, it was illegal to harness past 40 lbs. in my state (OR). Of course that didn't stop our Safe Kids coalition from handing out HWH seats to 45 lb toddlers. Laws are often very much behind the times.

Cath3114

Brigala said:
In at least one state (I want to say Kentucky????) I'm pretty sure this is true.
Until 4 days ago, it was illegal to harness past 40 lbs. in my state (OR). Of course that didn't stop our Safe Kids coalition from handing out HWH seats to 45 lb toddlers. Laws are often very much behind the times.

Technically, it is in Louisiana too. Our law says a child over the age of 1 and 20 pounds "shall" FF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC