Trendz Fast Back with smaller kid

lovemybabybug

DD is 26 months, 21 lbs 8 oz and just about 33 inches. She is on the second click on the harness from the bottom, and she does not fit.
I couldn't tighten the harness enough because the way the harness adjuster is threaded. There is a tiny little slot where the adjuster goes through but there's bulk where the webbing stitching is and it won't go into the slot. I can see people who FF early sticking a 1 year old kid in there and not tightening enough because you just can't do it. Its hard to buckle and HEAVY! I also felt if pushed her head foward. She hated tthe seat. she loves trying seats, but hated this one. Phone pics, sorry, I forgot my camera.

Last edited:
ADS

rxmommy

That's too bad, because it looks like a really promising seat otherwise. I would never FF a kiddo that little, as I know you wouldn't either, but the vast majority of the world wouldn't blink an eye at doing it of course.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Thanks for the pics of the very cute model! Fit doesn't seem too horrible but there is definitely room for improvement here. This is valuable feedback so thanks again!

skylinphoto

Thanks for the pics and info!! I've been sorta eyeing this seat.
My dd is almost 4 and 25 lbs (she was 20lbs at 2 yrs old and looks very much like your dd!!! Blonde hair and all! So cute.) And I guess id have to try to her in it irl before considering it anymore.

lovemybabybug

The picture doesn't show too well but there's more slack on the harness than I am comfortable with. I didn't try the pinch test as DD got antsy while I was trying to adjust the harness, but I doubt it would pass. It would probably be a fine seat for the average 3 year old, although at that price point I would probably get an Argos that will give me about 1 1/2 inch more in harness height.

lovemybabybug

That's too bad, because it looks like a really promising seat otherwise. I would never FF a kiddo that little, as I know you wouldn't either, but the vast majority of the world wouldn't blink an eye at doing it of course.

That is my issue with it. I think pretty much any average sized 3 year old would fit in it just fine, but I know most people will go straight from bucket to this
:mad:

cookie123

Interesting. Thanks. I really wanted this seat but won't get it mainly because its so heavy and I do a fair amount of in and out because I don't have the kids that much. That and like I said before, I don't care for the crotch buckle being under the kiddos butt so much. That was after I took the 'infant' padding out.

I couldn't thank you - no button. But just realized somehow I got signed out so maybe there's one now.:)

Okay, I can thank you now, and see the pictures! Yay!!

lovemybabybug

Yeah the crotch buckle thing bothered me too and my dd has the smallest butt ever, although she was is cloth diaper in the picture. I have read somewhere there are multiple positions for the crotch buckle but I didn't look to see which position it was in. I had removed the infant insert also. Maybe if the insert was in there wouldn't be so much slack on the harness. I will try to get more detailed pictures next time we are there.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
If it were a must-situation where I needed to make the seat work (like during every car seat check) I would raise the headrest higher to help the harness tighten more.

cookie123

Yeah the crotch buckle thing bothered me too and my dd has the smallest butt ever, although she was is cloth diaper in the picture. I have read somewhere there are multiple positions for the crotch buckle but I didn't look to see which position it was in. I had removed the infant insert also. Maybe if the insert was in there wouldn't be so much slack on the harness. I will try to get more detailed pictures next time we are there.

I looked for more crotch positions - I saw 2. I don't recall if that was before or after I took out the insert.

If it were a must-situation where I needed to make the seat work (like during every car seat check) I would raise the headrest higher to help the harness tighten more.

Good idea. That would work.

SavsMom

safeinthecar said:

When I played with it I had to raise it up to the 6th height setting to get the harness tight. At the 5th there was still slack. I really liked the seat but the harness routing and tightening is a big fat fail. I have a pic in the other thread showing how the splitter plate and that little slit limit how much you can tighten the harness. I'm not a tech, but I really don't see how you could get the harness tight in the lower 4 or 5 harness settings unless you have a heavy child.

nathansdaddy

Would this work? It seems to me that the way this carseat harness is threaded that raising the headrest does nothing and raising the seat back loosens it. The only way I can seem to get the harness tight enough is to lower the seat back so that the harness straps come out at my DS armpits (not correct) instead of just above the shoulders.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC