No better deal

kirst

What are your thoughts on buying from nobetterdeal.com? I have seen good prices there but for some reason it worries me to buy thing such as a carseat from there. Is this something I should just get over because there completly fine? I just cant see buying a seat from there when it says damaged box or as is. How do they get there stuff to sell for so cheap, are the items ones that have been returned? Have any of you had problems when reciving a seat from there? Right now im looking for a lighweight stroller which doesnt really worry me in terms of safty so much but I dont want to have to deal with returning it. Sorry for so many questions and thanks for any help!

ADS

lovemybabies924

Every time I got open box or as is it's been brand new, not used, and tags attached :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

rxmommy

I don't know where they get their seats - I know some people on here have posted theories and some people have gotten seats that were obviously sold at auction or returned (invoices in them or stickers on the box).

I've ordered 3 seats from them and been 100% pleased with all of them. All 3 seats have come to me obviously new, in plastic, with tags and manuals attached. I even took a chance and bought an "as-is" seat (or was it open box? I can't remember. but it sat on the site for a while so I'm guessing it was as-is.) and it was brand new. Dinged up box but clearly unused seat, only 3 months old. The other 2 seats I've gotten have been old so that's a bit of a downfall.

As long as the seat is listed in some other condition besides "as-is" (like open box or damaged box) and it comes to you looking used in any way they will take it back at their own expense.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
As long as the seat is listed in some other condition besides "as-is" (like open box or damaged box) and it comes to you looking used in any way they will take it back at their own expense.

:yeahthatlove:

So far, if memory serves, I have bought from them:
- True Fit Recline
- Turbobooster
- Coccoro
- FR85
- Graco Blossom high chair
- iron skillet :)
- set of sheets and a comforter set
- My Breast Friend pillow
- a video baby monitor
- a V-tech e-reader
Probably other things I can't think of at the moment

Of all those items, the only one that showed any signs of ever having been out of the box and tried out, was the baby monitor (the rechargeable battery was in the unit rather than in the box, where it belonged). In fact, the baby monitor didn't work. I could have sent it back to NBD for a refund, but I got a good enough price on it I decided it was worth sending back to Motorola instead for a replacement, and they are in fact honoring the warranty on it (I have an RMA and it's boxed up and ready to mail today).

The TFR had a DOM that was two years old, but for $75 I can't complain about that. It was brand new sealed with cards and everything still attached. I gave it to someone who really needed it. The other seats have all had pretty recent DOMs.

NannyMom

I buy from NBD, but won't buy "as is". That one just worries me.

I've bought many things from them, carseats, toys, electronics, etc. I've only had 1 thing come broken, and they accepted the return no problem.

kirst

Awsome im glad to hear your things have came ok now I wont have to pass up all the good deals!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC