NBD-open box ok?

kimigal

I see a seat I want on NBD!!! But it is listed as Open Box, which according to the website could mean that someone tried it out and returned it, and it is possible some accessories might be missing.

Should I trust it enough to go for it? Price is cheaper than I will find anywhere else.

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I've bought open box car seats there before, and they've always been in new condition. The only status I would hesitate on would be "As Is," but even then if it were cheap enough I might gamble on it.

rxmommy

Should be fine. :) If it's not new and looks used in any way, NBD will take it back at their own expense. I have bought an open box seat and it was wrapped in plastic, tags and manual attached.

crunchierthanthou

I've never had an issue with open box seats from NBD. A few posters have had bad luck, but mine have always been new with tags inside the beat up box.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
The first 2 seats I bought from them (a SR35 & a MR) were "As-Is" They both had been opened and had some damage to the boxes though nothing horrible. Both were new, still in plastic with all tags attatched. I've heard a few bad experiences but mine have all been great!

krfogle88

I have bought numerous open box items and all of them have still been in original wrapping with tags attached.

The diapers code will work with other items also, but I am unsure if you have to purchase a box of diapers with the other item to receive the discount.

They don't always offer discount codes and seems to be sporadic. Sometimes once a month, sometimes every few months.

daisypaige

I have bought numerous open box items and all of them have still been in original wrapping with tags attached.

The diapers code will work with other items also, but I am unsure if you have to purchase a box of diapers with the other item to receive the discount.

They don't always offer discount codes and seems to be sporadic. Sometimes once a month, sometimes every few months.

Thanks bunches for the info!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC