Question Convertible Car seat: Britax Boulevard or Graco Smart Seat all in one?

U

Unregistered

Hello,
I need your help to choose the best fit car seat for my daughter.. She is 19 months old, 25lbs, 31" tall...

I am thinking in the Graco Smart Seat all in one and the Britax boulevard 70.. My car is a Mazda 3 sedan, model 2007..

Can you help me to find my best fit? I am very interested in get a very comfy seat with rear and forward face reclining position, breathable fabrics, as i am in a very warm city, a car seat to fit my car, and I think all these are coverd with this 2 models but I am not sure if they fit my car and what are the differences are.. Can you help me? thanks!!

ADS

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I would skip the SmartSeat on price alone. For the price tag you're really not getting your money's worth, it's huge and bulky and a good idea in theory, but lacks in the execution. There is a great full review here: http://carseatblog.com/8834/the-ultimate-graco-smart-seat-review-with-tons-of-pics/

The Diono Radian has a great mesh fabric that is great for hot climates, and with the angle adjuster would fit great in your vehicle and allow your daughter to rear face another couple years.

The First Years True Fit would be a great choice too, it does only rear face to 35 pounds rather than 40 of some other seats, but at her size she'll most likely be 3 1/2, 4 years old before she hits 35#.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I like the Radian for warm climates because it's so open and allows kids to spread out a little more, hang feet over the sides, and that sort of thing. I don't know whether it really makes a difference, but it looks less hot.

Haley.h87

I have my 25 month DD RF in a Graco My Ride 65 in my 2010 Mazda3. Sometimes its behind my drivers seat and sometimes its in the middle. It fits wonderfully! I think my profile pic is of her in it. She has tons of room left to grow. I don't know about the fit of the Britax in there, but I think it would fit really well also, especially since you can brace a Britax on the drivers side. I know more people will have more info for you, but I just wanted to throw the MR in there :)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I wouldn't get the smart seat. It is huge. Our 4y tried it out and looked squished. They tried but it doesn't work like they wanted it to. Not a big fan of and 3-in-1s, because at least 1 stage usually doesn't work.

I would skip on the bv too. The new 70 version ones have shorter shells then the old version. Lots of other seats will last longer and cost less.

I would look at the radian, truefit or myride. All of those we mentioned above. Another seat not mentioned but neat is the pria. Its newer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC