News 20 month old hates the radian, help!

todzwife

When we purchased our sienna a month ago, I took baby z out of the coccoro and put her into the radian xtsl to give her more legroom. I couldn't get a solid install at the proper recline angle In the coccoro either but I figured it didn't matter since I don't have to use it anymore. Well, baby z is throwing a fit every time I put her in the seat. At first I thought it was because of the head wings so I swapped it for the 65sl. But she's still yelling "out, help!" or "stuck!" and has somehow managed to get her arms out even though the harness is tight. She wants sissy's seat (frontier 85). she points and says " seat! Seat! "

She has a mirror, and she can see me. I'm going to try moving the frontier directly behind her so she can't see it, but I'm not sure what to do. She's always been a good car rider, so this is super frustrating. Obviously I'm not letting her use the frontier, but I'm tempted to look for a red seat for her!

Any ideas?

ADS

Jessica61624

If you really think its the red you could get a red cover for it. The XTSL covers will fit I believe. What angle is it at? Most kids prefer to be upright. Maybe she's opposite?

todzwife

I have no idea if it's because it's red, or forward facing or because it's not HER seat.

That's not a bad idea to see if someone has a red XTSL cover.

We've tried it at both a 45 degree angle AND with the angle adjuster that seats it around 30...she wasn't happy with either.:rolleyes:

MommyShannon

Starting around 18 months dd2 threw big fits over getting in her seat. I think they are learning how independent they can be and hate being restrained. She also wants anything that belongs to DD or DS. I bet if you let your other child sit in her seat (in the driveway) she would be furious too. Luckily I haven't had any trouble the last month or so. It was rough getting her in for a while there! Sometimes it helped for me to make a big deal about it being her seat before putting her in, asking "where's your seat? I don't see it. Where'd it go?". I also ask her to help buckle it.

java

DD is 19 mths and we are also having issues with buckling in. DD screams the second she sees the car. She doesn't want to be buckled, she gets so mad!

I think it is an age thing. She started walking at 16 mths and it has gotten worse since then. She just doesn't like being strapped down and unable to move on her own free will.

For us, I know it is not the seat because she does it in any seat.

VoodooChile

Ds is older (almost 3) but totally covets dd's seat, and tries to dive into it about 1 in 4(ish) times we're getting into the car (super-fun when it's cold, the wind is blowing the door into me and I'm getting weird looks from strangers about the "huge" kid in a rf seat, and I'm so mean taking off his coat :rolleyes:). So part of it, in addition to not wanting to be restrained at all (which is totally the age) may be wanting to be like the older sibling. I totally see that with mine!

cryswilkins

I vote its just the age and she will get over it. DS constantly climbs in the seat next to him and says buckle and wants to sit there. She is just trying to show her preference.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC