Graco Cargo Tether

Ellie173

Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like? I just uninstalled the seat for cleaning from the parents car and the tether strap was looped around the back in a way I had never seen. That can't be right can it? They don't have the manual. Can try to get a picture of it tomorrow though.
Thanks!

ADS

NannyMom

It does loop through the back. Kind of like looping a dring for a Britax of Diono rear facing tether. I don't have a pic right now though.

Ellie173

Thanks! So it is right then I guess. Will take a picture tomorrow just in case. It just seems odd that it loops like that to me. The seat is in a terrible state anyway so was kinda hoping it was wrong just to convince them to get a new seat.

henrietta

Thanks! So it is right then I guess. Will take a picture tomorrow just in case. It just seems odd that it loops like that to me. The seat is in a terrible state anyway so was kinda hoping it was wrong just to convince them to get a new seat.

SarahEllen,
Drop by w/it next time (call first, in case we're not here), and I'll help you with it. :)

henrietta

momtoo3

Here is what the TT looks like on mine:

DSC07138.jpg

Ellie173

Thanks! That is exactly what it looks like.

Henrietta- I would bring it but it lives in the parent's car and is going back in tonight. I just had it to wash the cover for them. Thanks for the offer though!

Do you think Graco offers replacement foam for it even though it is an older seat? Theirs is so broken would probably not do anything in a crash for them.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Is it still in date? Sounds pretty beat up. You said it is grungy, does that meant that the straps were never washed as well.

I know it isn't made anymore, but not sure how long ago it was last made....

NannyMom

Is it still in date? Sounds pretty beat up. You said it is grungy, does that meant that the straps were never washed as well.

I know it isn't made anymore, but not sure how long ago it was last made....

I have one from Spring 2008.

Ellie173

Yeah I checked and it is still good until December 2013. And I don't think the cover was ever washed. It was gross. Checked the straps thoroughly and it did not look like they were washed (especially since the cover didn't look washed). One side of the chest clip was on backwards, that one took a while to figure out.

I left my Nautilus there overnight yesterday in hopes they would decide they like it more... They definitely played around with it some so maybe they will get him one (the kids are out of town, they didn't play with it).

Thanks for the help. I reassembled and left the seat at their house today. Hoping I can talk to them about the foam issue soon.

henrietta

Yeah I checked and it is still good until December 2013. And I don't think the cover was ever washed. It was gross. Checked the straps thoroughly and it did not look like they were washed (especially since the cover didn't look washed). One side of the chest clip was on backwards, that one took a while to figure out.

I left my Nautilus there overnight yesterday in hopes they would decide they like it more... They definitely played around with it some so maybe they will get him one (the kids are out of town, they didn't play with it).

Thanks for the help. I reassembled and left the seat at their house today. Hoping I can talk to them about the foam issue soon.

SE,

Just a thought, but I don't think I'd ever leave one of my own seats in their care. I know you mean well for their kids, and I'd trust you to drive mine around, but they may not take care of your seat the way it needs to be...and then you're stuck w/a possibly unsafe seat that you also use for your niece/nephew, b/c they still don't get it. Neither one of the kids fits in that Cargo correctly, if I remember right.

You've done your best. You've been more than helpful. If two adults with MD's STILL don't believe that there are "rules" in place for carseats and boosters to keep their kids safe after all the info you've shown them, it isn't likely to change. The best you can do is make sure that the seats in *your* car are safe and appropriate for their kids, so that they are well protected in your care.

;)

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC