In AZ is the booster seat law....

laccaycol

4 years old AND 40lbs? I have a friend that has her 3 1/3 year old in a booster and only using the lap belt. She said her ped said hes big enough and can be in the booster. Ugh ped's that dont know crap. What should i tell her?

ADS

smileybrea

CPS Technician
Laws here are horrible so unfortunately that's not on your side but you can let her know per the manufacturer the booster must be used with a shoulder belt. I'd try sending her some crash videos on harness vs booster...maybe even send info about Kyle David miller and belle ( video on YouTube...she was too small for a booster and didn't survive a crash).

agurlsride

Yep, 5 years old... That's it, and it's not uncommon to see the little ones bouncing around in the back seat

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

rxmommy

Does AZ have a proper use clause? Then she would be breaking the law by using it with a lap-only belt. Not that most people care about that anyway. ND sucks for booster laws too.

laccaycol

I gave her a link to here and also i posted belle's story for her to see. I told her im not trying to tell her what to do just research it for herself. Also if she was to keep using the booster to use the lap/shoulder belt with it. anything else i should tell her?

momtotwogirls

No. Az states 5 and under in a child restraint. No age on harness. Only that at 5 yrs old they do not need any seat at all. I just asked about this last week, one of my friends friends posted a pic of his little barely or almost 2 yr old in a TB and he is a "if it isnt illegal" kind of person so there isnt much I can say to change his mind.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC