Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Girls jeans without adjustable waist??

DD can not STAND jeans that have an adjustable waist (the button on the inside bugs her so badly, even when I attempt to cover it). Her favorite jeans had elastic backs and were from Kohl's but they're no longer carrying them. Anyone have any recommendations for a size 6x/7?? TIA!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Girls jeans without adjustable waist??

I have a pair of Faded Glory from walmart sitting right next me that do not. I've been trying to get rid of them because DD2 can't wear them with out the adjustable waist. Unfortunately, they are sixes . They are old, so Walmart have changed them but worth a look.
    This may also be an easy fix if you have a sewing machine. Just cinch them up to where they need to be, stitch the elastic in place and cut the button and excess elastic off. Voila!
    If I'm here tell me to get back to writing
    Writing, dreaming, homeschooling mom to Beth, 10-03, and Ciara, 6-06
    http://dreamingatthesouthdam.wordpress.com/

CPS Fanatic
    Can you remove the button with a seam ripper?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica61624 View Post
    Can you remove the button with a seam ripper?
    No clue. The only other adjustable-waist jeans she wore were the Circo brand and they no longer carry them. So we're starting from scratch and she needs new jeans in her drawer ASAP.

I did see some on Walmart's website but 1/2 said they had adjustable waists and 1/2 said they didn't. guess we need to go see them in-store.
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

DD prefers wearing some nicer sweat pants and sort of yoga from Kohls. They are cute on her. I with I could get away with that. She also wears a lot of dresses with leggings and boots from Kohls.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

I have found sometimes Gymboree carries pants without an adjustable waist. DD doesn't prefer the adjustable waist but doesn't fight me about it.
    Kristina --
    Niece Breanna 2/13/2007

Daughter #1 Emilee 4/1/2008
    Daughter #2 Ella 2/15/12

Carseat Crazy

Nicole
    Mama to two little girls riding in a Primrose SK Radian and a newly redecorated Flora Radian.

How about the knit style Jeggings? That look like denim but are knit/stretchy? My DD has several pairs on 6x/7 that don't adjust. Children's Place, Justice and a pair from Costco made by Levi's I think? But they're all sold as Jeggings.
    Carrie- CPSTI and busy WOH Mama to
    A., 11 yr old, I., 8 yr old, E., 4 yr. old, and baby O. 2 yr, old!