A Radian question.

nosidammai

We have a XTSL. So it obviously RF to 45 and FF to 80. 80lbs seems like a big kid to me...My mom is only 98 lbs, lol. Anyway, could the RN possibly be the last car seat we need before she's ready for a seatbelt, or will we still probably need to buy a booster?

ADS

christineka

The radian is likely to be outgrown around 65 pounds or less. It has a height limit of 53 inches. Kids generally need to be 57 inches tall before they fit in a seatbelt alone. A child will need a booster between radian and seatbelt alone.

VoodooChile

I'd expect to need a booster. We have a Radian, and my 6 year dd old fits in it (it's ds's seat), but I can't imagine it would get her to to point where she'd 5-step. And I also don't believe it would get her to 80 lbs; I'd bet she'd outgrow it by height first, also long before she fit in just a seatbelt.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
You'll need to buy a booster. My DD's stats in my signature are current (around 45" tall and 38-40lbs). She has less than half an inch of harness height in the XTSL. Diono/Sunshine Kids lets you go over the harness slots, but the headwings only go up so high. What I'm trying to say is that my 40-ish lb 6 year old will have outgrown the XT, and most obviously will need a booster for at least the next 3+ years.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC