Putting seats back in tomorrow, which way to go?

christineka

Due to hauling stuff, I've had two boosters and a rfing ma in my van. 4yo and up ride in boosters and the baby in the MA. I take no more than 3 kids at a time. Tomorrow, however, we need to go on a 90 minute drive one-way and 90 minutes back. I have to put real car seats back in because the rstv gets uncomfortable.

Ds2 is amazingly well behaved in the booster. It's crazy because he was always wild before in his harness, facing either direction. The downside to him in a booster, though is that he can't sleep. He drifts to sleep, his head falls, then he wakes up, repeat a few times until he's back to fully awake. He sleeps fine in a harness, no matter the direction.

7 yo is great in a booster. 8 yo still should be harnessed because he has no impulse control and likes to take short cuts when buckling a seatbelt. He's great- harnessed.

Here are my 3 across 3rd row options:

dd2 parkway, ds1 frontier, ds2 rfing radian

(Leaving dd1 cruz, dd4 rfing MA, dd3 in an appropriate seat in the middle row)

or:

dd2 parkway, ds2 ffing MA or tfp, dd3 ffing radian

(Leaving dd1 cruz, ds1 frontier, and dd4 rfing in a convertible in the middle row)

I don't think it really matters, but I thought I'd ask opinions. Basically it boils down to this: Ds2 has been riding wonderfully in a booster for 3 months. Should I put him rfing or ffing?

Oh and the ffing radian would be untethered, but I'm okay with that. Dd is under 40 pounds, so I'd just not use the safe stop.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC