Thin fleece recommendation for noob?

mkmama

Just realized...since the noob will be in a CCO from the start and will be born in the middle of winter, probably should find a thin car-seat safe fleece for her :eek:

I LOVE the fleece part of the Childrens Place 3-in-1 jackets for my older kids...but I think it'd be too thick for a noob under a harness.

What are your favorite fleeces for noobs? I thought about just doing a car seat poncho, but I'm concerned about the car seat itself being cold against her back through just her clothes (I know that *I* am freezing for first few mins in a cold vehicle seat, so I can only assume that its worse for a noob).

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
This is what I was planning on getting and I just looked closer and they only start at 6 months. Not sure what I'll do now if I need something for a newborn. :confused:

Dillipop

I had a Columbia bunting for dd, but it starts in size 6 months and I thought it ran large, too. By the time she was 2 months, it worked, but once my babies start nursing well, they plump up quickly.

I borrowed a patagonia suit for my boys when they were little and it was really nice. Not sure how small they start.

I've seen some nice ones from Carter's that look thin enough. They definitely go down to newborn sizes.

featherhead

This is what I was planning on getting and I just looked closer and they only start at 6 months. Not sure what I'll do now if I need something for a newborn. :confused:

Superstore has fleece suits. The smallest size is 0-3 months, which might be big on a newborn, but would fit fairly quickly I think.

canadiangie

Gymboree preemie section. They tend to have a one-piece something or other. I almost bought one for baby last year, but decided to skip it because I had an infant seat, shower cap cover, yadda yadda. From there I had some Absorba (?) thing in 0-3mos, from there a 6mos Columbia, and this year a 12mos MEC Ursus for mild days, and a Columbia 2-in-1 for cold days. I'm hoping I'll get two winters out of the Columbia 2-in-1 thing. It's my all time favourite winter suit. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I have this one http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog...jackets-amp-vests/infant-buttery-bunting.html for my n00b in 0-3 months. It truly is *buttery* soft as the name indicates. It's almost as soft as a newborn's head. :D She wore it for the first time today, but she was in her bassinet on the stroller so I haven't tried it in her car seat yet. The thickness will be fine but it's a little big on her of course so not sure if that will create too much bulk in the body area at this point. I'll report back once I try her in the car seat with it.

lovemybabybug

What about the fleece one piece from carters over regular clothes? That's what did with dd plus a thick blanket on top and just took the blanket off when the car got warm.

SeattleRain

How do you plan on transporting your baby around? In a baby carrier? If so, you might want to just put baby in leggings and a long sleeved onesie inside of a pair of fleece PJ's and buy an oversized fleece coat for yourself. I used to do that with my son. I would put the Moby on, put him in, and then zip a fleece coat over both of us. In the car I used a fleece blanket or, since I used an infant seat, a carseat cover.

If you're still looking for a fleece suit, I'd recommend the Carters one, or looking at this one from LL Bean: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/52109?feat=3160-GN2 it's hard to say whether it's too heavy or not without actually seeing it in person.

Maybe also look at something like this: http://www.babypolargear.com/convertible_car_seat_cover.html.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC