Sears and non-compliant seats

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
It doesn't list the pattern, which is why I am worried that the photo or weight limit might not be accurate or substitutions might be made...

But to your knowledge, if it is rated at 4lbs it IS compliant, yes?

Any snugride listed at 4lbs is compliant. I've never seen a typo for the SR35 listing it as starting at 4lbs. (for some reason the link isn't working for me at all though? I'm getting a valentine's day special page?)

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Kat_Shoshin said:
So sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread right now, popping in to ask if there is any way to tell if this seat http://www.sears.ca/product/graco-snugride-35-infant-car-seat/632-000289363-1812178

would be compliant?

That's Viceroy which is a new fashion and only comes on compliant seats. And as you said, the 4# seats are compliant. So, assuming you get the Viceroy pictured, it's compliant.

Note that Viceroy does not have harness covers or Gracopedic foam.

ETA: started my post a long time ago but took forever to finish because I'm NAKing so others have already answered before me. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Kat_Shoshin

Thanks guys! We stupidly just realized that this seat was on sale for $10 less at BRU so she ordered that one.

It's in Odyssey and is listed at 4lbs. It was just the sears issue I was a little worried about!

Problem solved!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Kat_Shoshin said:
Thanks guys! We stupidly just realized that this seat was on sale for $10 less at BRU so she ordered that one.

It's in Odyssey and is listed at 4lbs. It was just the sears issue I was a little worried about!

Problem solved!

Odyssey is nice colours! FYI, it has no harness covers either and no Gracopedic foam. The Gracopedic foam is the extra foam under the butt and lower back area which is nice in winter here.

As far as I know, the only fashion with the foam and harness covers is Flint.

Kat_Shoshin

Good to know! I assume other Graco harness covers, cannot be added eh|?

Added:
That would be too bad, because we have nice covers on an expiring safeseat right here...

where is "flint" available?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Kat_Shoshin said:
Good to know! I assume other Graco harness covers, cannot be added eh|?

Added:
That would be too bad, because we have nice covers on an expiring safeseat right here...

where is "flint" available?

I'm not sure about adding ones from another seat. Maybe someone else has asked Graco about this.

Flint is available at baby boutiques. Snugglebugz has it with free shipping. That's where I got mine. It's $219 so a much better value than paying the $219 that Sears and BRU charge for models without harness covers or foam. Now that the less featured models are on sale though, their price makes more sense. For me, it was well worth it to spend the $219 on the Flint. I hated the red marks on my baby's neck in her SS and I hated her freezing cold back after the cold transferred from the base left in the cold vehicle, through the plastic in the seat and right onto her back.

Oh, and Flint is way nicer than the stock pic shows. Search for threads started by me as I have a thread with a bunch of pics of the Flint that show it off a bit better.

ETA: found the thread http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=202181

Kat_Shoshin

very nice! For this couple, it was the price they were looking at - it was either this seat or the Evenflo 35 and they wanted something that fit well with whatever stroller they decide on later - so Graco it is!

ninejr

I bought the flint last week at West Coast Kids. I am totally in love with how soft it is and the extra foam. Now to have a baby to use it.

V

VanIsleMommy

I wasn't a fan of graco seats due to the lack of padding in the first snugride 35 I bought 3 years ago, but this seat looks sooooo comfy I may become a convert.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC