ID this seat?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
403369_350650734961054_166177346741728_1489699_37247307_n.jpg

That photo is on our local Fire Dept's FB page today, caption says "Don't forget about this week's car seat safety checks at North Metro Fire Rescue Stations 62 and 64."

I hope he's taking that seat OUT of the car.

ADS

noahsmom24

wow.. :eek:
More than likely NOT I bet...I hope they at least informed them of this expired seat and that their are much more safer and up to date seats out there. I have no clue what that seat is, looks a lot like the ones I see going around on my CL. My dad use to have one of these types of car seats in the basement at his old house, he wanted to use it for ds as a baby and it ended up in the garbage pretty quick lol...He went on and on how that seat was just the safest seat and how they used it for my nephew as a baby etc,.. ugh
Anyway, hope you can get it I.D.'d and maybe inform your local F.D. A little?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Yeah I recycled a Century seat that looked very similar to this one a few weeks ago, and it was from 1995. At first I was hoping it was an old picture but the more I look at the car, it looks like a fairly new vehicle. :/

I commented on the picture and said "I hope he's taking that seat out of that vehicle... it has got to be expired!" we'll see if they respond. Sadly, I haven't had great experiences with any of the FD techs I've worked with around here.

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It looks like an Evenflo Titan OHS (which would be a 40# version w/ the 30# RF limit). It's possible they're using outdated photos. I know we have some banners that have outdated car seats on them. :(

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
It looks like an Evenflo Titan OHS (which would be a 40# version w/ the 30# RF limit). It's possible they're using outdated photos. I know we have some banners that have outdated car seats on them. :(

I hope it's an old picture, sigh. They replied to my comment and just said "Thanks for the observation. Parents should be aware of their child's car seat to make sure that it follows safety guidelines and regulations so that your child is kept safe. Visit http://www.car-safety.org/faq.html for more information."

OR, visit a CPST - which is what they're promoting!! Sigh.

Lenae

I had that seat for my DS. Who is only 4, I might add. Mine, though now destroyed, would not currently be expired. It was an Evenflo Tribute OHS. Honestly, firefighters at least know to check for expiration, so I doubt it's expired. At least it's RF.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
It's definitely Evenflo and they made OHS versions of their low-end convertibles until a few years ago. It's possible that it's not expired although more likely that it is. I hate when programs use less-than-ideal photos like these in media promotions. On the other hand - at least it's shown rear-facing!

Dmcj13

Evenflo Ultra Premier. Just bought a friend who was using one that was manufactured in I think 04 a tribute last spring.

henrietta

I agree. It could also be a Touriva w/the OHS. It looks like it has a top tether dangling off the back of it, so it's not a seat from the '90's, if that's the case.

Most parents aren't going to notice the seat in the photo at all anyways. They won't know it's expired, old, not recommended, etc. Although I do prefer modern AND appropriate pics.

henrietta

Kobain's Mommy

I had that seat for my DS. Who is only 4, I might add. Mine, though now destroyed, would not currently be expired. It was an Evenflo Tribute OHS. Honestly, firefighters at least know to check for expiration, so I doubt it's expired. At least it's RF.

My Godson had one that I was with his mom when she bought it brand new in 2006.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC