Woot! Did a side-by-side!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I don't have the ability to do a 3 across (as I'm currently missing an outboard seatbelt - long story). Anyway, I drive a 2000 Honda CRV

I hung out in my driveway (not waiting on my neighbors to get home so I could check their seat ;)), and messed around with configuations. What I learned:

With a Marathon (or any wider seat) in the middle, I couldn't get ANYTHING installed outboard - the Marathon pushed the outboard seat so that it wasn't centered on the vehicle seat, and because the CR-V has a curved seatback (sorta), which made the base of the outboard carseat hang off the seat (not in a good way either). I used the Evenflo Chase for a minute as my second seat, before trading it for the narrower Scenera (no way ANYTHING was going to work with the Chase).

I tried keeping the MA in the middle, and doing the Scenera outboard, but the above mentioned problem prevented it from working (with the MA both RF and FF, and the Scenera both RF and FF - I tried all combos :D) Then I decided to try the Scenera in the middle - a DREAM! I put the Scenera FFing in the middle, and the Marathon fit outboard both RF and FF :love:. I DIDN'T try the Scenera in the middle RFing, as I forgot (plus I was getting a little hungry for dinner at that point :eek:)

Anyway, that was my fun-filled evening playing with car seats (and no, I missed the neighbors, maybe I'll be able to catch them tomorrow before DD and I go to playgroup.

ADS

cryswilkins

I have a 2001 CRV and I can get 3 across pretty easy. I love the reclining seat backs it makes installs a snap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC