Top tethers & boosters in an Expedition

rxmommy

Year 2006 - can a LATCH manual friend look up where the top tethers are for the 2nd and 3rd rows? I am almost 100% positive she has a bench seat for the 2nd row and not the bucket seats.

Also if anyone has any hints on how 3-across friendly the 3rd row that would be great. Booster space and headrests and such. I need to put my 3 girls in it along with my 2 nephews and I'm sure my nephews have beasts of seats like AOE or something. I'm certain I can get them all in with no trouble but if possible we'd like to squeeze and adult in the back too. So if we could do 3-across (my seats would be an RA40 and 2 boosters. Bubblebum and Literider if needed, otherwise I'll do a HB turbo and a Literider. The BB is a pain to buckle and I'm not sure my kids can do it themselves) in the 3rd row that would be great.

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I have an '05, and I don't think there were any changes in '06. TT locations are all 3 middle row seats (the center one looks different, but it's there. And there is 1 loop of webbing for the center seat in the 3rd row. Middle row is very 3-across friendly. I haven't tried in the 3rd row, but it's pretty big. I'd bet you could do some combo of 3-across. There are adjustable headrests in all 4 outboard seats, and a bump in the middle of the center row that is probably big enough for a shorter backless booster kid. There is nothing in the center of the 3rd row.

rxmommy

Thank you. So the only TT in the 3rd row is the center? Where is the webbing loop - is it something I'll be able to find easily? I will be doing all of this in the dark lol - but luckily it's supposed to be almost 50 degrees on Thursday so I won't be freezing!

Sounds like we shouldn't have a problem with the headrests. My middle DD is pretty short, and I can always put her in a hbb. I think that putting oldest DD in a backless outboard 2nd row would be easiest too. Then they could toss that out of the way to let kids climb into the back.

jess71903

Ambassador
Thank you. So the only TT in the 3rd row is the center? Where is the webbing loop - is it something I'll be able to find easily? I will be doing all of this in the dark lol - but luckily it's supposed to be almost 50 degrees on Thursday so I won't be freezing!

Sounds like we shouldn't have a problem with the headrests. My middle DD is pretty short, and I can always put her in a hbb. I think that putting oldest DD in a backless outboard 2nd row would be easiest too. Then they could toss that out of the way to let kids climb into the back.

There is only 1 TT in the 3rd row, and I'm 99% sure it's for use only in the center. It's a fabric loop, and it should be under the hard flap that covers the bottom of the seat when the 3rd row is folded. Hang on, and I'll go take a pic.

jess71903

Ambassador
Okay, got some "real" pictures in a dark garage, and some manual pics.

With seats folded:
A59DF24D-orig.jpg

Seats up, plastic flap thing folded forward to access tether strap:
AACED713-orig.jpg

2nd Row anchors:
Outboard
A59A9E79-orig.jpg

Center
1EA516BE-orig.jpg

Looking at the manual, it only gives a center TT location for that 3rd row, but it is offset to the driver's side. I wonder if using it in the outboard driver's side is allowed.

rxmommy

Thank you!!! The pictures were very helpful.

Bummer that my only option for FF kid in the 3rd row is center. Maybe I will bring along the Bubblebum and put a boostered kid on the side. Will have to do some playing. I can imagine the hissy fit I'd get if I put Sophie in RFing. She has millimeters to go before she outgrows the RA40 RFing anyway. It's only for the weekend, and I would imagine the only place they will go is to church on Sunday morning. They will have 5 kids 7 & under so they'll stay home I bet lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC