Diono Angle Adjuster in a Honda Pilot

VoodooChile

I finally got the AA into the Pilot and snapped a few pics. It's REALLY upright. I'd appreciate some advice on leaving it in, actually. It's for a kid who's turning 3 in 3 months, and I think he'll like being more upright, I just don't want to create a safety issue, even though I know Diono doesn't forbid a more upright angle.
Here are the "before" pictures:
No_AA.jpg

Headrest is braced, which in the Pilot was allowed only on the driver's side:
No_AA_headrest.jpg

And with the Angle Adjuster:
AA_2.jpg

AA_1.jpg

That's really upright, right??? I don't know how to estimate angles; I mostly got the AA in case I had a situation where I had to install in another vehicle and had an overrecline, or had to install on the passenger's side where bracing isn't allowed (I hadn't realized they were going to keep selling out or I would have waited).
Here's the headrest with the AA:
AA_headrest.jpg

It's hard to tell in the pic but there's probably a good 3.5ish inches now between the headrest and the Radian.

So hopefully this will give people a good idea of how the AA works in the Pilot (mine's a 2006). And if anyone thinks I'm better off without it in that spot, please let me know!

Last edited:
ADS

glockchick

I'd take it out. That angle doesn't look comfortable at all.

Is the child verbal? You can always try him in it and see what he says.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC