Happy New Year! 2012 Announcements

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Thank you to all of our great community members and visitors for an awesome 10th anniversary year in 2011! For 2012, there won't be many changes, but there are a few things to report:

1) I hope to attend Lifesavers in June at Disney World. If I do, there will be the usual Car-Seat.Org reception for any members who can attend. Unfortunately, Kidz In Motion conflicts with the start of school in August, so I will likely not attend.

2) Subscription prices are remaining the same for 2012. They have dropped considerably in previous years. Even so, subscriptions are down.

3) Sponsor rates will remain the same to start 2012.

4) No major upgrades or changes to the forum software are planned until at least the end of 2012.

5) A new "sister" website is under development and will need beta testers, hopefully starting later in January or in February. Please stay tuned!

6) I hope to announce a new Premier Sponsor this month. We did not have a major top banner sponsor last year, with the demise of EliteCarSeats. Though sponsorships were down significantly in 2011, ad network revenues have been steadily increasing. The combination of subscriptions, sponsorships and ad revenues is more than enough to pay increasing forum costs.

7) We had a big increase in forum hosting costs earlier in 2011 as our traffic has increased. As most of you are well aware, we had some maintenance yesterday night. In that time, the forums moved to a new server at a new hosting provider after over 4 years at the previous provider. I don't anticipate this move to make much of a change in performance one way or the other. The new provider does have significantly more redundancy for network and power, boasts improved reliability overall and is located in a major datacenter. In the past, cost and service have been the major factors in hosting. With the forums growing and a huge number of people relying on them for information and community, the emphasis is now more on reliability and service. I do hope reliability will not be a concern. I also hope there will be no more server moves this year, but you can never be sure if the forums continue to grow!

8) As our 10th anniversary is over, I expect fewer giveaways on the forums. Please visit our blog, www.carseatblog.com, where we plan to continue with giveaways as often as possible!

9) We remind all visitors about our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy to accompany the User Guidelines. In addition, various Announcements, "Important" sticky posts and other Admin posts clarify these rules and guidelines.

10) Please have a safe, healthy and happy 2012!

Last year's announcements:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=153525

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC