Would you be ok with a 22 month old FF for vacation?

todzwife

We're taking a trip at the beginning of March. DD will be just over 22 months old. I have a coccoro. She has 2 inches above her head. If she outgrows it, I have no choice but to forward face her or buy a new seat.

It would be about 2 hours total in the car over a week in Los Angeles/Anaheim.

WWYD?

ADS

canadiangie

No, I wouldn't, to be honest. :eek:

I'd set aside a few dollars here and there between now and March and get a Scenera. :)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
honestly i think you are borrowing trouble. If i understood you right, she would need to grow a full inch of torso between now and march to outgrow it? That's not going to happen. You don't grow an inch of torso in 12 weeks. She'll fit.

mimieliza

No, I wouldn't. Not before age 2. If she has 2 inches over her head now, she'll probably be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

Nope. Ds is 23 months and I wouldnt ff him for anything less than a true emergency. March is just a few months away. I doubt she will have outgrown it.

hrice

Absolutely not. My bare minimum for FF is 3.

And I agree with pp that she will still fit RF. If she has a major growth spurt between now and then just get a Scenera if you don't want to take your Radian.

todzwife

Thanks everyone :) I'm glad to see I'm not nuts for wanting to purchase a scenera if she does outgrow the CCO RFing :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Nope, never.

I would Euro-install the CCO if close to the limits, or buy a Scenera, Titan, or similar.

lpperry

No. If I wouldn't ff full time, I wouldn't ff for a vacation. I wouldn't expect your DS to grow that much by march though.

Lenae

Nope, me either. But I agree, I think she'll be fine. Even if she only has one inch and a hair, she still fits. No way is she going to gain an inch in torso height by then. You'll be fine.

aeormsby

I agree with everyone else. I'd be much more uncomfortable FF early on a trip in an unfamiliar car driving unfamiliar roads. Sure most accidents happen close to home because that's where most of our driving occurs, but I wouldn't take a chance.

henrietta

No, I wouldn't, to be honest. :eek:

I'd set aside a few dollars here and there between now and March and get a Scenera. :)

This. IF she outgrows it by then (which 2 inches of torso growth can take a LOOOONG time), I'd get a Scenera at the last second.

Wait and see.

henrietta

NannyMom

honestly i think you are borrowing trouble. If i understood you right, she would need to grow a full inch of torso between now and march to outgrow it? That's not going to happen. You don't grow an inch of torso in 12 weeks. She'll fit.

Unless you're Sofi :whistle: She had inches in the Titan in the summer. By her bday in Sept, it was outgrown.

But OP, I would not FF a 22 month old, even just on vacation.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
No I wouldn't and no, you're not crazy for wanting to purchase another seat to keep your LO RF.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC