How 'graphic' is the CPST class?

Lemonade

OK, this isn't about seats.

Looking at the possibility of taking a class sooner and I'm not so good with discussion of bleeding, etc. How graphic do they get in CPST classes with that type of stuff. I'm much better with discussion of crash forces in general and bones, and strength. I just need to know what I should be prepared for.

THX

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I took the course two years after losing a friend in a crash, so I was very sensitive to crash things. It really wasn't too bad though, IMO.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No, you won't see that stuff in class. Gabe and mine was, with dead bodies, blood, everything, but that isn't the norm.

Ninetales

In my class there was nothing like that at all. I'm very squeamish and nothing put me off.

We were scheduled four days total but we covered everything so fast that we got to miss one day for Father's Day. If I remember right we did general safety stuff and rf the first day. The next day was FF, then it was boosters and practice installs, and the last day was our check event.

Avery'sMama

CPST Instructor
No blood :) Our IRL pictures are all about misuse of child restraints. The first couple chapters discuss crash dynamics, the risks of being unrestrained, etc. I have had many course participants share personal stories of crashes, police/fire of crashes they have been first responders on, etc. but never had pictures as a part of that. That portion (crash dynamics) is just a chapter, and you quickly move into vehicle seat belt systems, etc.

msg221

My class had nothing graphic or bloody either so I don't think you have anything to worry about!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Um . . . depends on the instructor :p. No, there's nothing graphic really (at least not like the pic of the dead kid they used to have), but how do you do with crash test videos? I like to play a few several times for my classes and we focus on things like how the dummy's head gets dented. I'd certainly mention it to the instructor before class starts just to be sure.

Baylor

Have you found one close to us?

I good with blood and guys as long as it is not mine. ;) usually.

turtlemama

Mine wasn't graphic. The crash test videos were all computer animated dummies and that was about as bad as it got.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC