Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

XC60, best car seats, can I fit three across?

Hi, I have a Volvo XC60.

I have 2.5yo in a Britax Boulevard. I have a 4 month old (16lbs) in a Peg Perego Infant Carrier. I am looking to buy a convertible car seat to use in the next few months for the 4 month old.

My question is, I am planning for a 3rd baby. What is the best combination of seats to fit 3 across in the XC60. I have tried Britax, Peg, Britax, but it is tight and I could only do the latch on one side or else they all wouldn't fit.

I am trying to plan ahead and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: XC60, best car seats, can I fit three across?

i have an XC70. not sure how much bigger or smaller my back seat is. i have a frontier with seat behind the passenger and a radian center. i have plenty of room behind the driver for our britax decathalon and our recaro vivo booster. our bucket was a graco but i never tried it with 3 across. i would definitely get a radian to help with your 3 across.

CPS Technician
    LATCH is no safer then seatbelt. Seatbelt will usually give you a few to several more inches to install seats. I would recommend installing all with seatbelt.

CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd11y, ds10y, ds 5.5y (red monterey), dd 4.5y (cow frontier85), EDD 8/17/12 (who knows what??)
    Stefanie - CPST in Iowa
    mom to dd 11,/00, ds 11/01, ds 3/06, dd 04/07, dd 08/12 (radian rxt) ds 12/13 (evenflo sureride)

Unregistered

Re: XC60, best car seats, can I fit three across?

Thanks for the info. I was definitely going to look into the Radian. Now which one??!!

I always wondered about if the latch was safer or not. Everyone puts so much focus on it, but what about all the older cars without latch? Thanks for the info about the latch.

I just found this website. Thanks for the recs!