Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Height Limit for RF on Convertible Seat?

A friend of mine posted on FB that her 15 month old has gotten too tall to RF in his convertible seat. She said it's good for 35 pounds and 32 inches. I don't think that sounds right. I'm not sure what seat she has specifically, but is there any way a convertible seat would only be good for 32 inches??? Or do you think maybe she's reading the instructions wrong and they mean torso height? I just hate to think that she's going to flip her son so early .

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Height Limit for RF on Convertible Seat?

Sounds like a typical Canadian seat. No US seat has a 32 inch limit. It's not a 32 inch torso height. Most adults have a torso height in the 22-26 inch area.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

Re: Height Limit for RF on Convertible Seat?

Yes, she is in Canada. Do they make the seats differently there? Is it unsafe to RF past 32inches tall? I'd hate to be recommending she keep him RF if it's unsafe, but it seems really unlikely that he'd outgrow a convertible seat at only 32 inches tall and 15 months.

Apparently most manufacturers used to think that the Canadian regulations placed a 32 inch max on RFing seats. Now most manufacturers have gone to higher limits or simply the one inch rule.

It would be parental decision to use the seat against stated limits. If you can find out what seat she has, you can find the US limit an arm her with that additional information to make her decision.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three

6. Thank You from: