Question Baby Trend Flex Loc info

firemomof3

My step-mother just bought a Flex Loc for my step-sister who is due in Feb. The baby is going to be small (like 5-6lbs). Does the Flex Loc fit smaller babies well? Is it user-friendly?
Thanks!

ADS

mkmama

I love my Flex Loc :) Probably kind of iffy on the smaller babies...its lowest harness slots are some of the highest of all the baby buckets when looking at the spreadsheet on here, but it's always fit my babies just fine (of course, my smallest baby was 7 lbs 11 oz, so by no stretch of the imagination 'small' LOL). My SIL has one for one of her twins she's expecting in March because she loved it so much with her other children, but we also have a backup plan in case both babies are too small for the BabyTrend.

The new ones are very user friendly IMO (the older ones from like 2008 had issues w/ the handle sticking, but that doesnt seem to be a problem with the newer ones), with the one caveat that you do have to remember the handle must be in one of the down positions in the car.

firemomof3

Ya, I'm afraid that this seat is just not going to work for her. Her baby is measuring small and they don't have latch in their vehicles.
I was hoping she could exchange it for an Onboard or Keyfit

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I like mine a lot so far but it hasn't had a baby in it yet. The only potential problem I've found so far is that the way the latch is designed (with the big clips), in my van the latch straps are adjusted as short as humanly possible. It's not a problem for my van, as it is definitely a solid installation but I do slightly worry about other vehicles as well as after the base settles into the van's seat. We didn't have that problem when installing the base in my husband's car. I guess his latch clips are settled farther back in the seat.

skylinphoto

I brought my 5lber home in a flex loc. She fit safely in it. She was 18 3/4 in overall (don't know her torso height then)...and her shoulders were right at the bottom slots. So, she barely fit ...but she did.

I always installed the base with a seatbelt and it worked perfectly for me. Completely solid install. I've never had a problem installing it with a seatbelt.

Hth.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

turtlemama

I'll be a downer, I guess. I really didn't like my flex loc. The huge LATCH clips made it annoying to install and it was horrible to install with the seatbelt. My son outgrew it at 4 months, when he weighed 20lbs (which I know is huge for 4 months, but he still should have fit for a little bit longer) because the harness was too tight at the loosest setting. I had the 22 lb version, though. I don't know if there is a difference between versions, but I hated that one.
It makes me really wish I hadn't chosen it based solely on color :/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC