6&8 year olds on vacation- Harmony or Bubblebum?

todzwife

We are taking a trip in March to California and will be flying. The trip from the airport once we get there is 30-45 minutes max. I'm seriously considering getting 2 bubblebum boosters instead of taking our Harmony boosters since we won't need them until we get TO California and I could easily put the bubblebums in their backpacks and not have to figure out what to do with the Harmony's...

Any suggestions?

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't have any experience with the Harmony, but we're currently visiting my folks in Florida and have been using the BubbleBum for DD1 while here. (Much easier than moving the Radian back and forth from my vehicle to my Dad's, which is what we're mostly using.) It was very transportable, which was a big plus for me. I've been pretty happy with it, though I wish I could have predicted that DD1 was going to fall asleep in it the other night. :rolleyes: (She's a great booster sitter, but not a great booster sleeper.)

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I think it comes down to budget. The harmony seats are cheaper. The Bubble Bum seats are more portable. Both seats tend to fit kids well.
I would personally most likely do Harmony seats unless I had a really good reason to spend the extra money on the BB (such as multiple layovers and having to haul the boosters around a lot, or maybe kids who for some reason would be unable to carry their own LBBs through the airport). But I'm stingy like that.

todzwife

I already have 2 Harmony boosters...so I don't NEED to buy anything but the BB would be SO much easier. I mean, how do I carry on 2 boosters? In a bag? Have the kids bring their own?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I've had Piper carry her own, I've put a booster in a carryon suitcase, and I've rested them against the handles of my roller bag.

Wendy

rxmommy

My kid carried her own. Got on the plane and tossed it in the overhead bin, no thought to it at all. Actually the 7yo carried both of them lol - Bubblebum in her backpack (her seat) and her sister's Harmony.

The Harmony is so much easier to buckle. It lasts for 6 years, is a ton cheaper, and the BB is only 4 years. If those decisions are a factor for you. :) I wanted a BB anyway for a tight 3-across booster wise occasionally in my van. Otherwise I think we would've been fine travelling with 2 Harmonies.

hsjwmom

It depends on the vehicle that you'll be riding in, if you're doing a 3-across. I have two Harmonys for my girls and they don't really work with our Avenue in either a Toyota Prius or a Honda Accord. It seemed like it *should* fit in the Accord, but the shape of the seats made it really uncomfortable for the girls.

I'd love to get Bubblebums for them but I just can't see spending that much on them. If I found a smokin' deal, though...:cool:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I do love the portability of the BB, but agree that the Harmony are small and light enough to put in a kid's backpack and have them carry too. I'd look at what you're planning on having the kids bring, and do you have room for the Harmony boosters, or do you need that extra space the Bubble Bum affords?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC