Does the Beco Butterfly II...

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I just bought my second BBII (in luna this time). I :love: adore :love: this carrier. BUT I also tore apart my first one and converted it into a 4th Gen model and will do the same to this one. I considered a Gemini, but I liked the higher weight limit on the BBII and, more importantly, I like that the waist is *not* curved on the BBII. My Beco should be here on Friday and then I can pull out the sewing machine and make it perfect. :D

ADS

jsta1005

I just bought my second BBII (in luna this time). I :love: adore :love: this carrier. BUT I also tore apart my first one and converted it into a 4th Gen model and will do the same to this one. I considered a Gemini, but I liked the higher weight limit on the BBII and, more importantly, I like that the waist is *not* curved on the BBII. My Beco should be here on Friday and then I can pull out the sewing machine and make it perfect. :D

How do you convert it? Pics? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
How do you convert it? Pics? Is there a tutorial somewhere?

I made a tutorial (in a word document) when I converted the first one. I left the straps attached on the first one, but I think I'm going to put buckles on them this time to make it a true 4G to allow a hip carry and to cross the straps in the back for a front carry if wanted. I can e-mail the tutorial I have now (if you pm me your e-mail addy) or if you want to wait a bit, I can do a new one next week when I've converted the new one.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Oh wow I didn't know you could do that. I'm starting to consider getting a different print but I love how simple my old original (no idea what gen or anything, but no internal harness thingy) Beco is. I bought my SIL a Gemini and honestly I don't like it.

jsta1005

I made a tutorial (in a word document) when I converted the first one. I left the straps attached on the first one, but I think I'm going to put buckles on them this time to make it a true 4G to allow a hip carry and to cross the straps in the back for a front carry if wanted. I can e-mail the tutorial I have now (if you pm me your e-mail addy) or if you want to wait a bit, I can do a new one next week when I've converted the new one.

I'd love to see both! I'll pm you my e-mail address.

I have a BB2 and I don't like it at all. Maybe if I converted it I could find some love for it!

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd love to see both! I'll pm you my e-mail address.

I have a BB2 and I don't like it at all. Maybe if I converted it I could find some love for it!

Tried to e-mail you but it bounced back. The mod can be done, but it takes a sewing machine, seam ripper, patience, and time. Please note that it will also totally void your warranty, for me it was worth it. I :love: the 4G.

The first one I converted was a BBI to a modified 4G (did not bother making the straps removable, so no hip carry or crossing over for a front carry). With this second one it will be a BBII to a true 4G (straps will be removable and will allow for a hip carry and crossing over for the front carry). The new one is only supposed to get here on Friday, so I'll work on uploading the first one (BBI to a modified 4G) this week and upload the second one (BBII to a true 4G) sometime next week as I have time to get it done.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC