Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar

Does the Beco Butterfly II...

...have one of those straps that you have to clip behind your upper back when doing a front carry?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Does the Beco Butterfly II...

Yes... I can't think of a single backpack style carrier that doesn't, TBH. It's there to prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurezalia
    Yes... I can't think of a single backpack style carrier that doesn't, TBH. It's there to prevent the straps from slipping off your shoulders.
    Yeah, I figured. That's why I stick with my mei-tais. I can't do those clips without straining my back and wanting to shoot myself.

That's good, though. There's a pretty one (actually a couple) on sale at a local store, but I DO NOT NEED any more carriers, and now I don't want one either

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    Yeah, I figured. That's why I stick with my mei-tais. I can't do those clips without straining my back and wanting to shoot myself.

That's good, though. There's a pretty one (actually a couple) on sale at a local store, but I DO NOT NEED any more carriers, and now I don't want one either
    Well, if you want enabling, for some reason I find the clip on my Boba much easier to do than my Beco or the Ergo was.

I can't lift my right arm above my head, so when I put on my Beco, I buckle the middle clip, slip it over my head, put DS under, clip the waist strap, and then clip the side buckles.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Well, if you want enabling, for some reason I find the clip on my Boba much easier to do than my Beco or the Ergo was.
    Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora
    I can't lift my right arm above my head, so when I put on my Beco, I buckle the middle clip, slip it over my head, put DS under, clip the waist strap, and then clip the side buckles.
    No! Stop! I wanted reasons not to buy another carrier!

Oh, I think you can cross the straps too, so you don't have to reach behind you to buckle the middle strap thingy.
    Anna~ RN and expired CPST (hoping to recert soon!)

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora
    Oh, I think you can cross the straps too, so you don't have to reach behind you to buckle the middle strap thingy.
    :stickingfingersinearsandchantingLALALALA:

No, just kidding. Is that true? Because if it is...

Carseat Crazy
    I have a boba and you can rethread the straps to be crossways, but I find the clip to be very easy. The beco you can cross and uncross easily with out rethreading bc it has buckles there.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org
    Rachel
    DD (7/08) ~52 lbs, 47" in a Cowmoo Frontier85
    DS (4/11) ~32 lbs, 39" in an XTSL
    DS (2/13) ~22 lbs, 33" in an RXT

CPS Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by LISmama810 View Post
    :stickingfingersinearsandchantingLALALALA:

No, just kidding. Is that true? Because if it is...
    No thats the gemini that you can cross the straps on.

I've tried both, I prefer the BB2 over the gemini, but I prefer a wrap or MT over either.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

So you MT people, talk to me... We carry both the Babyhawk and Catbird baby MT's at work, and I've tried them both. I'm thinking I'm going to go for the Babyhawk (Duh, employee discount, and I like it over the CBB ), but what are your favorite carriers? Since we already seem to be on an enabling roll here.

And, FYI, the CBB Pikkolo is another one where you can easily cross the straps instead of wearing it backpack style...

So you MT people, talk to me... We carry both the Babyhawk and Catbird baby MT's at work, and I've tried them both. I'm thinking I'm going to go for the Babyhawk (Duh, employee discount, and I like it over the CBB ), but what are your favorite carriers? Since we already seem to be on an enabling roll here.

And, FYI, the CBB Pikkolo is another one where you can easily cross the straps instead of wearing it backpack style...
    I have two BabyHawks and a mei tai I bought off etsy. I lurve my BabyHawks. Just love them. (My other one is nice too, but the waist part is very padded, which makes it feel bulkier than I'd like.) I haven't tried any others, so I can't really give a comparison. I just like that the BabyHawk is simple, straightforward, versatile, and cute

Let me enable you - it is so easy to put on the BB2. You can fasten that troublesome back strap BEFORE you put the carrier on, slip the whole thing over your head (kind of like putting on a shirt), then pick the baby up and fasten him/her in. It was my go to carrier for front carries.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org
    michelle mama to
    dd 10.30.06 graco connext & recaro performance booster
    ds 5.4.10 sunshine kids radian xtsl & graco nautilus safety surround
    riding safely in a 2014 mazda 5 and a 2002 subaru forester

I hated the BB. I use a pikkolo now. I'm 5'0" and it was too long for me.
    You cannot cross the straps on the BB. I've heard of people doing it with the ergo but it's not contoured to be crossed so may not be that comfy for some. You can cross with the pikkolo, gemini, and another... Maybe kinderpack or calyx? I don't remember as neither have ever lived at our house.
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

CPS Advocate

I rented my soft structure carriers from PAXBaby, she has a rental program and it is pretty cool. We don't have anywhere locally or even within driving range that carries slings of any kind... so I figured this was the best way to find what I liked.

I'm glad I did. I feel like it was 100% worth it. It cost $39 to rent 3 slings and THEY pay shipping BOTH ways... so you are basically only paying for all the shipping and then if you buy something through them in the end you get a $9 credit.

So that might be something worth looking into as well. She has bunches of MTs, SSCs, and other slings available.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by An Aurora View Post
    I also buckled it first and slipped it over my head.

I cross the straps on the gemini to avoid that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by mimieliza View Post
    Let me enable you - it is so easy to put on the BB2. You can fasten that troublesome back strap BEFORE you put the carrier on, slip the whole thing over your head (kind of like putting on a shirt), then pick the baby up and fasten him/her in. It was my go to carrier for front carries.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

This is exactly what I did with mine.

Zack 12/20/90 Taylor 5/11/98
    Austin 4/16/03 69lbs 58" Happily riding in Incognitos!
    Gavin 4/20/09 53lbs, 47" FF in an RXT, GN, and 2 FR85's
    DN Olivia 10/2/14 riding in an SR35

You guys aren't helping.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Amazon has a few IIs on sale. I see some that are $80, a $90 and a couple for ~$100.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Beco-Butterfly-II-Baby-Carrier/dp/B003AULH4U/"]Amazon.com: Beco Butterfly II Baby Carrier - Tyler: Baby[/ame]

I actually really like the $80 ones (Tyler, Ginger, Luna).

22. Thank You from: