Question What age could your RFing DC climb into captains chairs?

blueindigo

Hi. Just wondering what age your kids could climb into their own RF carseats that are installed in captains chairs.
ETA: thanks

Last edited:
ADS

swtgi1982

Seats with lower sides like the radian I would assume would make it easier for them to do at a younger age but higher sides like a Britax or my ride I am sure Would hinder that.

crunchierthanthou

At what age could they? Or when did I have the patience to wait? Dd could climb into her RA55 at around 2.5. However, she just turned 3 and I still lift her most times.

my phone thinks it's smarter than I am.

legaleagle

My younger DS has been able to climb into his marathon 70 since about 18 months, if I give him a hand up to the sill. Usually he's not in the mood though. He loves to ride in older DS's radian (fortunately they're both on the 3d slots!) and will hop right in with no fuss. My older DS was climbing into his radian somewhere between 2-2.5. This is in a mazda5.

Syllieann

DS was climbing into his rf radian in capt chair between 2 and 2.5 also. I would say at about 2 he could sorta climb in super slow and w/ a lot of coaxing. By 2.5 he was completely self sufficient so I could tell him to go get in his seat and he could manage quickly and efficiently.

Mingie

CPST Instructor
DD#2 was climbing into her MA rfing on the captains chair of my Hyundai Entourage around 22 mos. It was quite a hike but she was determined!

blueindigo

Thanks everyone for the replies. I was just curious when others kids where able to do it. I figured it depends on kids height, height of car seats sides, etc. DS is not climbing in yet, I lift him up. If I try to get him to climb in, he just climbs around the seats of the car and generally try tries to escape from me (because it's funny when mommy has to chase him :rolleyes:). .... I may try tempting him with a cookie later to see if he is capable/willing of climbing in his seat occasionally (it would be nice to not have to lift him every time).

vonfirmath

Hi. Just wondering what age your kids could climb into their own RF carseats that are installed in captains chairs.
ETA: thanks

Britax Marathon. 2 years old. (Maybe earlier. But I remember him climbing in on his own clearly when we took a trip to Florida and he was 25 months)

todzwife

My 20 month old has been able to get in since we bought the van a month ago. She rides in a Radian, but she can get up into her sister's frontier or her brothers parkway (she loves "seats") both on the back bench.

She's a climber.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC