Free-Spinning BV Knob Problem

Mach Knockers

Hi all,

We have a Boulevard in our Explorer for DS who is 31 months, 36" tall and 29 lbs. We often switch between FF and RF depending on the cargo we're carrying and when he's FF, I can't make the headrest/straps go quite high enough to be at/just above his shoulder line. I know he couldn't possibly have grown out of the BV yet, but when I try to raise the headrest, the knob just spins freely on it's bolt. When I try to lower it, it works okay, then raises again to it's current level and gets "loose" again.

I'm :confused: over this.

I'm going to put DS down and go out and play with it if he'll stay asleep long enough to get him on the couch. (nak) Perhaps I can describe the problem better.

Any advice? Thanks!

ADS

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
maybe a picture? then we could tell you if it was at its max. i dont think its supposed to spin freely though, but im not that familiar witht he BV, only used it once for a day...

Mach Knockers

Okay...I can't get it to upload anywhere. Sorry. I'll work on it more later if need be.

That said, I figured out that if I grab the left knob, it goes up and down just fine. But, the right knob spins freely in either direction now, not actuating the height adjustment at all. I've had the seat over a year. :(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hmmm, maybe the threading for that knob is stripped? I'd call Britax and ask...1-888-4BRITAX. They close early on Fridays but I think are still open for another half hour today, until 1:45 p.m. eastern time.

Mach Knockers

Shoot....I napped with DS and now it's too late. I'll have to take care of it next week.

Oh, I compared its height to how high the harness goes on my other Blvd, and this broken one isn't nearly at its max.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC