Pros and Cons of Onboard35 Air?

momtoo3

My sister is pregnant and I want to buy her an infant seat. She is really liking the Safety 1st Onboard35 Air in O2. What are the pros and cons?
Is it a narrow seat?
Does it install easily without the base?
Is the seat heavy?
Are the air pillows worth it compared to the regular model?
Any other info would be great. Thanks!

ADS

creideamh

I had it. It's very average in terms of narrowness- definitely not gigantic like the Chaperone but not quite as tiny as the Keyfit. I thought it was quite light in comparison to other seats. It's easy to install baseless, but how well it installs baseless depends on the car (not tight enough is the issue.) And ya, I like the air protect feature... But as baby gets bigger, that cuts into the amount of shoulder space they have (idk how long DD would've lasted, I switched her out at 7 months just cause I was bored with the seat, lol.)

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
The only con I have with it is its large front to back for my little car but anything bigger than mine should be good. I also don't have the air feature but I still think its an awesome bucket

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The only con I have with it is its large front to back for my little car

:yeahthatlove:

In my Civic I was able to get it in the center seat and only had to push the front seats up a couple of clicks. Not bad at all. I couldn't fit it outboard with the base, though. Installing baseless makes it fit a much smaller space, so it does fit well on an airplane.

It is relatively narrow. The premium base that comes with the Air is super easy to install with a seat belt, which of course was important to me since I had to put it in the center when I used the base. A pool noodle may be helpful if installing it baseless.

I thought the air protect was worth it. I know we don't have any proof that it's any safer than EPS foam, but we felt better about it. When DD was a newborn, we were afraid the smaller shoulder space would be an issue, but I put DD back in the infant seat the other day just to see how she fit and she fit just fine (16 months old, huge torso, broad shoulders). She is right at the height limit, too.

I love love love the O2 pattern. The fabric is really nice. :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC