SIL rant

Melizerd

OMG My sister in law has 3 small girls, 6 in a month, 2 years and 6 1/2 months.

She's going to NYC for something next weekend and wants to borrow her brother's pick up truck. It's not a full size cab. She had him send measurements for the back seat but I'll put money on the fact that there's NO WAY that she can fit 3 across in the back of a pick up truck. Even with pre-planning I don't know if you could do it. I do know she doesn't own a Radian (lol). The youngest is still in an infant seat (that they had a minor accident with to boot). ARGH!!! I really hope she realizes ahead of time that they really won't fit.

I don't expect her to though and I totally expect to find out that the oldest rode up front between her and DH.

I wish she would let me help her. She won't though because she's stubborn and hates me.

ADS

keri1292

No sisterly love there, eh? It sounds like she is going to do just as she pleases, regardless of what you tell her. Just pray that she never comes to the realization that you are right the hard way. :(
I feel bad but, I need to distance myself from people like your SIL. For example, my SIL doesn't even use car seats for her 2 and 5 year old. :eek: We have invited them up for a few days but, I'll be picking them up at the bus station WITH car seats. Whether they like it or not. My car, my rules. Oh, yeah, it's also the LAW!

harnessed4ever

Every time my SIL rides in my car she has a fit. Since EVERY seat in my car has a 4 point harness, she complains non-stop lol. I get a kick out of babying her every time she comes by strapping her in because she can't figure out the straps for herself LOL.

bethng

Every time my SIL rides in my car she has a fit. Since EVERY seat in my car has a 4 point harness, she complains non-stop lol. I get a kick out of babying her every time she comes by strapping her in because she can't figure out the straps for herself LOL.

Did you have these specially installed? Have any pics?

harnessed4ever

Not really "SPEACIALLY". It is essentially the same harness that you would use if you went go karting at an amusement park. I would give you pics of my 13 yo in it but my camera is broken. They're made by wesco and they hold britax seats TIGHT! Every seat in my car has them. The photo's are from the site:
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/am4point.html

The model pictured has a lot of slack in her harness, but they can be adjusted so they fit you nice and tight

Truly the best option for any child who has outgrown their regent/husky. They are highly adjustable and so much safer than a standard seatbelt. Plus they're only $55 a piece!!!!!!! That means your entire car can be equiped with them for less than the price of one regent.:D.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC