Saturn Outlook and car seat picture thread

ADS

Ice Princess

they didnt do a send off for us, lol. i think they just wanted us out with our two crying kids. I love it though. Once we got home i played with car seats for 2 hrs. my dh finally asked me to come in.

I think i have it figured out how i am doing it for now.

on the 60 portion i have the GN center w/belt and the triumph rf driver out board w/seat belt. It is a tight fit but works. My ds crawls inbetween the carseat and the driver seat to get to his and then once i am in my seat i turn around to finish buckling him. :)

Mama2J

I took a trip to the GMC dealer yesterday. I hope it's ok to add the pics to this thread - I have 7 pics of the Regent installed SBP in a 2007 Acadia. This was the only Acadia they had with a bench seat in the second row.

I could not get an acceptable install in the center. The seatbelt buckles are too close together and the recline bar sat on top of the buckle making the install too loose. Maybe without the recline bar it might be ok, but we are using it.
IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

The outboard position was a much better install. It was tight and did not move at all.
IMG_5984.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_5987.jpg

IMG_5988.jpg

I normally do not keep my tether strap so twisted, but I was trying to do this quickly, and had to adjust it much longer for this than it is in my car.
IMG_5986.jpg

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for sharing those. I'm not surprised the Regent is incompatible in that middle seating position. The buckle spacing is very narrow and the plastic pieces make it even harder.

I'm not sure if I've ever posted a pic of the center position in the Outlook/Acadia/Enclave 2nd row bench position?

2296265451_db1e64e7d4.jpg

2297061052_b56bb5149e.jpg

You can see why this position would have issues with some seats. Ff'ing EFTA, radian and MA are no prob though, and SS1 and rf'ing EFTA have been fine in the center, so it's not an impossible position to work with. Just one that definitely needs to be tested.

Mama2J

No problem! Yes I think you did post the center pics before, but I still held hope that I could install the Regent there. :eek:

So now I have to decide how comfortable I am with having him outboard on a daily basis. The salesman assured me there are side curtain airbags so he would be safe.

Another consideration is, who can actually sit in that center seat? I sat there and it was not very comfortable and I'm not that big. It is very narrow. I'm wondering if I should get captain's chairs after all, if that seat will not really be usable for a person to sit.

snowbird25ca

No problem! Yes I think you did post the center pics before, but I still held hope that I could install the Regent there. :eek:

So now I have to decide how comfortable I am with having him outboard on a daily basis. The salesman assured me there are side curtain airbags so he would be safe.

Another consideration is, who can actually sit in that center seat? I sat there and it was not very comfortable and I'm not that big. It is very narrow. I'm wondering if I should get captain's chairs after all, if that seat will not really be usable for a person to sit.

Passenger wise, I think only smaller people could sit there. It also doesn't have a headrest. I think a booster that was narrow like the Parkway would work fine, or possibly any booster if the booster sat slightly out on the bottom.

The Acadia & clones does have a 5* side impact test rating, and side curtain airbags, so I really have no qualms about having both my kids outboard even though I could have one of them in the center.

I guess it depends mostly on if you'll want that extra seating location sometimes, and if you'll ever want an extra tether anchor. The ones with 2nd row bench have 3 anchors 2nd row and than center 3rd row has a TA. The Captain's chairs have an anchor for each chair, and then center 3rd row.

If you don't *need* that middle seating position in the 2nd row, then I'd just get the captain's chairs. I think in the acadia you can get them in the base model. In the Outlook you have to go up to the XR in order to have captain chairs as options for the 2nd row.

(I have sat and ridden as a passenger for a short distance in that middle seating location.. I'm not super petite either. ;) But it wasn't the most comfortable. Putting a carseat in the center though and adult sitting outboard is comfy enough though, and even my very large dh was able to fit beside a ff'ing MA installed in the center - although he was squished.. but he's really a big guy. :thumbsup: )

Heather98012

Ok, so this is kinda OT, but I am considering either the Acadia or Enclave, but haven't driven them yet. I dunno...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around an American car again (so I'm REALLY having trouble with the idea of a Saturn). I had a Chevy years ago & was really unimpressed with the quality.

How do you guys like the fit & finish? I've been researching these cars for almost a year & they seem to get rave reviews. What about squeaks, the interior plastics, etc? For the price, it seems like they have better improved their interiors over previous GM models. Gimme details!

I'm leaning more towards the Mercedes R class, but these GMs are worth a look.

snowbird25ca

Ok, so this is kinda OT, but I am considering either the Acadia or Enclave, but haven't driven them yet. I dunno...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around an American car again (so I'm REALLY having trouble with the idea of a Saturn). I had a Chevy years ago & was really unimpressed with the quality.

How do you guys like the fit & finish? I've been researching these cars for almost a year & they seem to get rave reviews. What about squeaks, the interior plastics, etc? For the price, it seems like they have better improved their interiors over previous GM models. Gimme details!

I'm leaning more towards the Mercedes R class, but these GMs are worth a look.

LOL, Saturn has been GM for years now. ;)

We're really happy with ours still and we've had it since Feb 07. I'd suggest taking them for a test drive and then deciding. You'll get the best feel for the vehicle by actually driving it and riding in it. :thumbsup: (Maybe post this question in it's own thread, it'll probably get more responses that way. ;))

Mama2J

Passenger wise, I think only smaller people could sit there. It also doesn't have a headrest. I think a booster that was narrow like the Parkway would work fine, or possibly any booster if the booster sat slightly out on the bottom.

The Acadia & clones does have a 5* side impact test rating, and side curtain airbags, so I really have no qualms about having both my kids outboard even though I could have one of them in the center.

I guess it depends mostly on if you'll want that extra seating location sometimes, and if you'll ever want an extra tether anchor. The ones with 2nd row bench have 3 anchors 2nd row and than center 3rd row has a TA. The Captain's chairs have an anchor for each chair, and then center 3rd row.

If you don't *need* that middle seating position in the 2nd row, then I'd just get the captain's chairs. I think in the acadia you can get them in the base model. In the Outlook you have to go up to the XR in order to have captain chairs as options for the 2nd row.

(I have sat and ridden as a passenger for a short distance in that middle seating location.. I'm not super petite either. ;) But it wasn't the most comfortable. Putting a carseat in the center though and adult sitting outboard is comfy enough though, and even my very large dh was able to fit beside a ff'ing MA installed in the center - although he was squished.. but he's really a big guy. :thumbsup: )

Hmmm, I don't know what to do now. I don't really need the center if I'm not going to use it for J's seat. Eventually, I plan to get a Monterey booster, and I will most likely still have this vehicle, but there is no LATCH in the center either. Most of the kids we know are in boosters now, so I guess I don't really need the extra tether and they could sit in any spot.

On the other hand, I like that the Outlook is cheaper and I don't know if I want to spend extra money to get the captain's chairs. I'm also going to look at the Traverse when it comes out, so I'll have to see what the pricing and options are for that. I guess when I drive the Traverse, I'll have to test the Regent in a captain's chair. I really did like driving the Acadia though, but the price was a bit higher than we wanted.

keri1292

Mama2J ~ In your pics I see coming from the bottom that the harness that comes toward the hips (from underneath the seat, KWIM?)is loose. My dd's twisted the whole way around and caused me so much stress. When we got our new Regent I saw that the elastic cover holders are supposed to go through the metal buckle to hold the buckle in place. I must've forgot the first time I removed the cover. So after fighting with it for so long, life is MUCH easier now.
You may not have the same problems, but just wanted to offer a fix if you did. :D You can see what I mean in this post.

Mama2J

Mama2J ~ In your pics I see coming from the bottom that the harness that comes toward the hips (from underneath the seat, KWIM?)is loose. My dd's twisted the whole way around and caused me so much stress. When we got our new Regent I saw that the elastic cover holders are supposed to go through the metal buckle to hold the buckle in place. I must've forgot the first time I removed the cover. So after fighting with it for so long, life is MUCH easier now.
You may not have the same problems, but just wanted to offer a fix if you did. :D You can see what I mean in this post.

Thanks Keri! Yes I see what you mean, but haven't had any trouble with the harness twisting as of yet. I figured it looked like that because of moving it around to install it and because there was no kid in it. It's possible I don't have the elastics over it the right way though, because this is not the original cover for the seat. I'll check it! :)

keri1292

The elastic goes through the outside of the black metal clasp to hold it in place. You should have seen me freaking out when I realized I had to uninstall the beast to twist that strap back to the right spot. :hitselfonhead:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC