What to buy next???????Help me decide

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Ok so I'm back to the Bay Area this weekend (from Reno) to buy another car seat. My DD5 yrs and DS 7 yrs are outgrowing the 2 MA's. DD is to chubby and it is hard to buckle it and DS is right at the height limit. I also need to replace the laptop before it expires in Nov. I already bought one Radian, but I can't decide on the other two seats. I was leaning toward a Regent, as DD is always asking to ride in DS's Husky (and because she has never had a girly seat) but I'm questioning it because of the recall. On the other hand, I know that the Regent will install in at least one position in my Surburban with the recline bar/ SBP because DS's Husky just happens to be installed that way currently. If it won't install in another position that way, I can put it where DS is and install the Husky LBP somewhere else. The Regent may or may not install in our other cars well SBP but this is supposed to be a primary seat, so I guess it is ok. I had wanted to wait for the Recaro, but I'm gifting the MA's to a family with twins this weekend, so I can't even use them as backup anymore. Which means the Radian has to go to my mom to use for her truck, and I need a new seat for mine. Eventually, I have to have 2 HWH seats for my mom (one of which cannot require a tether) and both of which need to be convertibles because she uses them for her daycare kids also ( she will not drive a child under 80 lbs in the snow without a 5pt harness) and 2 for for my car.I do not need convertables because I can use the Intera in mine (no glass to hit on rebound) for the day care kids.

Originally, I planned on waiting for the Recaro to decide what to get, but that is no longer an option without the MA's.

So. do I buy a Radian, wait for the Recaro and decide between the Recaro , 3rd Radian or a Regent. Since I know I will definitely need at least one more tether optional seat.

Or do I get a Regent, since I know it will fit the longest, and then wait for the Recaro to decide the 3rd seat.

Maybe I should move to a tent in the middle of the Sahara and never drive anywhere again so I don't have to decide at all.

Kimberly

OR do I buy the

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Get the regent and then decide. You'll probably end up with a regent sometime down the road anyways.. might as well buy another now and then wait for the recaro to decide what your best option is after that.

OTOH, you'll need a seat that's good untethered, and I think the Radian is the best there is for that - so maybe get the Radian now.

Fat lot of help I was, huh? :whistle:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Why is this so hard? I never have this much trouble telling other people what seat they should buy?

I really really want the Recaro, On the other hand, I really very rarely put my children in boosters until they are 80 lbs. On the other hand, if the SIP of the Recaro is as good as it is supposed to be, I don't mind buying it even if I have to buy other seats a couple of years from now. Part of me just wants to get one of each. But I just made an offer on a house today so I have to be careful not to spend my downpayment on car seats. (and that is REALLY how you know you're addicted to car seats) ACK! Someone beat some sense into me will ya!

Kimberly

harnessed4ever

Just do the regent. You can't take it on a plane but it is by far, the safest and most self gratifying harness you will ever get. Well at least the Husky was, they're really the same thing so go out there and keep the harness on for as long as you can

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC