A very sad car seat day (pic heavy).

zactayaus

Well today I finally bit the bullet and switched the MA (classic) in dh's truck with our other RN. Gavin is about 33lbs now and with winter clothing and shoes he's just a little too close for comfort to the weight limit for me. Plus he only has maybe a little over an inch of shell left above his head and his legs have grown so long in the past few months that it is nearly impossible to buckle him in without doing some type of origami to his legs first. I've been dreading this day and I am really genuinely sad. I just loved our MA's. They were my all time favorite seat out of all the car seats we've ever owned in the past 21 years. I will miss them.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate the RN. We've been using one in my car since the end of Summer/beginning of Fall when it just got to hard to buckle Gavin in the MA in there. The RN does give him a lot more leg room and about 1 1/2, maybe 2 inches of torso growth, but they are just not my beloved MA's.

Farewell dear MA's. You've been good to us.

V0010239-1.jpg
GavinintheMA001.jpg

Gavinincarseats010.jpg
FidoMA001.jpg

GavinMA5.jpg
Gavin11months008.jpg

Gavin12months011.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1151.jpg
101_0797-1.jpg
101_1297-2.jpg
gma242-1.jpg
101_1348-1.jpg

101_0623.jpg
100_2064.jpg

And where the top of his head is at on the MA now:
gmaf5.jpg

ADS

cookie123

You should have another baby.:) That kid is so cute. Sorry about the MA. I felt that way about the RA. And when it was expired, I was very sad. Thanks for the pictorial!

VoodooChile

Cute pics!
I had to replace my MA with a Radian this October. Mine was a 33 lb. one, but boy, did I love that seat. Luckily I get along well with the Radian.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I have 5 more months on our MA :( DS is only 28lbs so I figure I'll retire it officially on it's birthday, lol. I'll miss my cotton denim cover though! It's the softest thing ever.

macmomma

Awwww:( Gosh, I know I said it before- Gavin looks huge in that seat! Wished I could post a pic of my almost three yr old... She is just so tiny!
Britax are my favorite seats too- had several in between but always come back to my Britax. I missed them so much that I replaced the crashed Radian with a new blvd70 ... Just love Britax.... Oh, I done mentioned that:eek::D

zactayaus

You should have another baby.:) That kid is so cute. Sorry about the MA. I felt that way about the RA. And when it was expired, I was very sad. Thanks for the pictorial!

Thanks, but unfortunately there will be no more babies here.:( Well until I get grandbaby's that is.:)

Cute kiddo but I found my self checking to see what seat his car mate was riding in. :cool:

Well lets see...there was an original Frontier, a Nauti, and a couple of TB's.:p

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I hear you. I just LOVED our classic MA. There really is no seat out there that I have loved as much. For my kiddos it was the perfect seat. Comfy, easy to install, plenty big both rf and ff, great support for sleeping. Just loved it. Both of my kids are far too big for them now and they are now both expired and gone. :(

Kobain's Mommy

Mine expires in April and I'm still debating if I want to replace it with another Classic MA or get something else. I think part of it is there are so many cute covers out there for it like your blue dog one (I can't think of the name of it) and the blue baseball one.

rachelandtyke

Aww, I understand. I was so sad when our Blvd expired and I didn't have another to replace it. I loved that seat and it was in continual use for 5 years!

cpsaddict

Awww! He is adorable! I will be so sad when my MA's expire. DD is so tall, that she will be out of them completely by age 4 or so, but I have DS to ride in them.

Irishmama

Thanks for posting those pics! How cute to watch him grow...and usually smiling too!

I love our MA too, there's no way I'll be able to bring myself to get rid of it. DH will just have to get over having an expired seat that lives in the house forever and ever. :p

Mom2FiveGirls

He is so cute!!! I've only owned my MA70 for a little under a year and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I'm going to be so upset when DD5 outgrows it! I keep telling DH we need another baby so I can keep it, but he just doesn't seem to think that is a good enough reason... :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC